
News
Enugu-Port Harcourt Railway Project top priority for FG – NRC MD
…commends Mbah’s transformation efforts
The newly appointed Managing Director (MD) of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), Dr. Kayode Opeifa, has said the Enugu – Port Harcourt railway project is already receiving attention as one of the top priority projects of the Federal Government (FG).
While assuring that the project had been getting a fair share of the national budget, the MD commended Governor Peter Mbah of Enugu State for his transformational initiatives, saying the governor’s investment in infrastructure was already rubbing off on the people’s standard of living.
Dr. Opeifa, who stated these when he led a delegation of senior Management team of the NRC on a working visit to the Government House, Enugu, on Thursday, explained that he was in the state to reaffirm Management’s commitment to fostering cooperation with the state government in areas of mutual interest.

Gov Peter Mbah and the NRC M/D, Dr Kayode Opeifa
He pledged continuous synergy with the state to revamp the Port Harcourt-Aba-Enugu rail line on the Eastern Corridor since there were increasing demands for it by the people, who were mostly into business and trading.

“The whole essence of this visit is to deepen our relationship and collaboration with the state government under the administration of Governor Peter Mbah. I also want you to know that the Nigerian Railway Corporation and the Enugu City shared a common history,” he added.
He further said that Enugu under Mbah was doing what the Corporation was watching out for in terms of the enabling infrastructure such as the transport terminals that the Corporation was poised to take advantage of.
“Enugu State is doing what the Nigerian Railway is looking forth to. The building of road transport terminals by the administration is what we are trying to take advantage of in our railway corridors. I came to discuss about it. The discussion has been on. So I only came to affirm it.
“I have eyes, I can see. I have ears, I can hear. So, when I entered this city, I see myself the difference this administration is making. I can hear from those who live here for longer.
“Seriously speaking, this is a different kind of government. He is a business man. He knows what he wants and he doesn’t see obstacles or challenges. He just faces what he wants to do and that is why you can see him achieving all these.
“Meanwhile, he told me that what we call much is actually that little, saying that many, many more will come and I believe him,” Opeifa noted.
According to him, President Bola Tinubu had already issued a directive to the Corporation to fashion out mutual relationship with the state and work out initiatives that would engender a seamless transportation for economic prosperity.
While enjoining the state to take advantage of the Eastern Line, once completed, the MD further appealed to the governor to strengthen security around their assets, which had come under vandalism by notorious scraps dealers.
Meanwhile, Governor Mbah, on his part, said that Enugu had an inextricable history with the NRC dating back to the discovery of coal and the subsequent shipping of the coal to Port Harcourt in 1918, using the rail transport.
He expressed delight over the efforts of the Management to revitalise the NRC and restore it to its glorious days, recalling that the revitalisation of the Eastern Railway Corridor was one of the demands made by South East leaders and also approved by President Bola Tinubu during his visit to Enugu earlier in the year.
He further explained that efforts were also in top gear by the state and other states in the region to create a common market, which required the provision of certain enablers such as seamless rail system to fast-track trades, revealing also the administration’s plan for an intra-rail system that would also link the major lines by the NRC.
He pledged to support the NRC’s clinic to function optimally and also protect the Corporation’s facilities against acts of vandalisation and encroachment.
News
Sheikh Jingir: Christianity not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria — Pastor Enenche
• Says security agencies must act against provocative religious remarks
Senior Pastor of Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Pastor Paul Enenche, has declared that Christianity is not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria, while condemning comments linked to Islamic cleric Sheikh Yahya Jingir.
Speaking during the church’s Sunday service at its headquarters in Abuja, Enenche reacted strongly to the controversy generated by Jingir’s recent remarks, insisting that Christians could not be regarded as inferior to adherents of any other faith in the country.
The cleric described the suggestion that Christianity was secondary to another religion as unacceptable, arguing that Christians are present in large numbers across every part of Nigeria.
Enenche also warned against taking the Christian community for granted, maintaining that the church remains a significant force in the nation.
He criticised security agencies for failing to invite Islamic cleric, Sheikh Muhammad Jingir, over his recent comments advocating a Muslim-Muslim political arrangement in Nigeria.

According to Enenche, security agencies should have acted against statements capable of provoking religious tension and violence in the country.
The pastor described as unacceptable the suggestion that Christianity should be regarded as subordinate to any other religion in Nigeria, insisting that Christians constitute a significant part of the country’s population.
He said, “Christianity is not secondary, and no group of religious fanatics will ever make it secondary. Not you, not any political group of people will ever make Christianity secondary to any.”
Enenche also questioned why security agencies had not invited the cleric for questioning over his comments, arguing that allowing individuals to make what he described as reckless statements without consequence could threaten national peace.
He said, “I blame security forces for allowing people to make reckless statements. You allow them still moving on the road, allow them still moving, not knowing that such a statement can incite instant violence.”
The pastor added that authorities should have taken steps to establish whether the comments could incite violence, rather than allowing the speaker to continue making such statements publicly.
“People are messing up and destroying the nation; they are walking free of charge, and they are talking,” he said.
Enenche further warned against taking the Christian community for granted, saying Christians had remained calm despite what he described as provocative statements.
“Nobody should take the church in this nation for granted. Don’t take the church for granted,” he said.
His comments followed controversy generated by the Chairman of the Ulama Council of Jama’atu Izalatil Bid’ah Wa’ikamatis Sunnah, Sheikh Muhammad Jingir, who recently advocated the continued adoption of a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket.
Jingir had, at a special wedding reception organised by the Kano State Government for 1,500 couples whose weddings it sponsored, urged Muslims to vote in a manner that would demonstrate their numerical strength.
Amid reactions to his comments, Jingir told the BBC that he had no regret over his advocacy for a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket, stressing that he had held the position long before the administration of President Bola Tinubu.
The comments have attracted reactions from various quarters, including the National Coordinator of the Obidient Movement Worldwide, Yunusa Tanko, and Nigeria’s Ambassador-designate to South Africa, Femi Fani-Kayode.
News
Wanted banditry kingpin, Ado Aleru, attends fresh ‘peace talks’ with Katsina community residents
Notorious wanted bandit kingpin, Ado Aleru, has once again surfaced publicly, attending fresh peace talks with residents of Kankara Local Government Area in Katsina State.
The meeting marks another round of dialogue between communities terrorised by banditry and the armed groups that have plagued Nigeria’s North-West region for years.
Aleru is a wanted criminal on Nigerian security forces’ list, with a ₦5 million bounty on his head. Despite this, he has repeatedly appeared at peace meetings across Katsina State.
During the latest meeting, Aleru reportedly explained why previous peace efforts failed to bring lasting peace. His appearance has raised serious questions about whether these agreements can actually work.
The peace talks come just days after Aleru suffered a major blow in a military encounter at Doma village, Katsina State. Reports indicate:· His son was killed along with eight other family members· About 30 motorcycles belonging to his network were destroyed· The losses have significantly weakened his criminal network’s strength and mobility.

This is not Aleru’s first peace meeting. He previously attended talks in:· June 2025 – Danmusa LGA, Katsina State·
September 2025 – Faskari LGA, where he vowed to embrace peace·
October 2025 – Kakumi village, where a peace accord was signed
In September 2025, Aleru said he had previously withdrawn from peace efforts after his son was arrested, calling the arrest “unjust”.
Aleru’s participation in peace talks despite being wanted has sparked heated debate:Supporters of dialogue argue that negotiations can reduce attacks and help communities return to normal life.
Critics warn that agreements with armed groups often collapse, pointing to continued attacks linked to Aleru’s network even after previous peace deals.
Adding to the controversy, Aleru was previously given a traditional title in Zamfara State during the administration of former Governor Bello Matawalle, who is now Nigeria’s Minister of State for Defence.
Katsina State is one of several North-Western states hit hard by banditry, with killings, kidnappings, and displacement affecting countless communities. The fresh peace talks in Kankara show that some communities are still willing to negotiate – even with wanted kingpins like Ado Aleru.
News
‘Tinubu has called me, congratulated me,’ Adeleke says after Osun Re-election Victory
• Adeleke of the Accord Party, polled 511,067 votes to defeat APC’s Oyebamiji, who scored 444,815 votes
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has revealed that President Bola Tinubu called and congratulated him shortly after he was declared winner of the August 15 governorship election.
Adeleke made the disclosure while speaking to journalists on Sunday after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared him winner of the election.
He thanked President Tinubu for congratulating him, saying the president had contributed to the sustenance of democracy.
“I feel great. First of all, I thank the God Almighty for what has happened today. It’s a victory for democracy in Nigeria,” And, of course, I want to seize the opportunity to thank Mr President. Mr President has called me, and he has congratulated me, and I thank you, Mr President, for making sure democracy lives on because you fought for it, Mr President,” the governor said.
President Tinubu and Governor Adeleke have maintained a pragmatic relationship despite belonging to rival political parties. Despite their political differences, both leaders have maintained a cordial relationship, with Adeleke making high-profile visits to Tinubu and the President engaging with the Osun governor.

Victory for Osun people, Olive Branch
Speaking further, Adeleke said the result represented a victory for the people of Osun, who, according to him, had endorsed his administration’s performance in office.
“A victory for democracy. A victory for Osun people that stood by me and said, Imole, you have done a lot for us. You have given us the dividends of democracy in terms of infrastructure, improving our education, agriculture and so forth. So this is the Osun people saying, ‘Thank you, Mr Governor,’” he said.
The governor, who secured a second term after defeating his closest challenger, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said his administration would focus on transforming Osun from a civil service-dependent state into an industrial hub.
“I will repay that thank you by making sure that I have a vision. My vision is to make sure that Osun State moves from a civil servant state to an industrial state. I will make sure, all across Osun State, development is on. I love you all, Osun State,” Adeleke said.
Adeleke also extended an olive branch to his opponents, describing the election as a contest without a victor or vanquished.
“Yes, this is no victor, no vanquished. I want them to come over. I’m expecting Oyebanji, even as a civilised person, to call me and congratulate me,” he said.
Asked whether he had ever feared that the election could go against him, Adeleke replied: “No. I have a God. I have a God who never fails.”
-
News2 days agoPolice confirm release of abducted Jezco Chairman, Ezeokafor, Rev Sister
-
News1 day agoBREAKING: Adeleke wins 19 LGs, APC’s Oyebamiji secures 11 LGs
-
News2 days agoKidnapping: My life in captivity — Justice Bunza
-
News2 days agoRigging Attempt: Police aiding APC to intimidate voters in Osun — Adeleke
-
Politics2 days agoOsun Election: APC, Accord wage N20,000-per-vote war
-
Politics1 day agoOsun: The mourning after By Festus Adedayo
-
News1 day agoBREAKING: INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov election
-
News2 days agoSEC freezes assets allegedly linked to six terrorist financiers




