Connect with us

News

Man dies in fight with school bus driver who defiled his daughter

Published

on

Spread the love

The Lagos State Police Command has launched a manhunt for the driver of Luyol Secondary School, Iju, Jacob Fatokin, for allegedly killing a father who accused him of sexually molesting his daughter in the state.

It was gathered that the victim’s parents, after being notified of the driver’s illicit act against their daughter, visited the school to tender an official complaint against the driver.

The owner of the school, after listening to the parents and the pupil who narrated her ordeal in the hands of the driver, reportedly questioned the driver, who denied the allegation.

Enraged by the development, the pupil’s mother, while speaking to the News Agency of Nigeria, said her husband slapped the driver, adding that the situation degenerated into a scuffle between the driver and her husband.

The pupil’s mother said the driver hit her husband’s chest, and in the process, he collapsed and was rushed to hospital where he was confirmed dead.

Maduka College Advert

She said, “On Wednesday, February 1, my daughter told me that her school bus driver had been taking her to his house around Ajuwon, on the pretext that he needed to drop something at home and that she should follow him.

“When they entered the house, the driver would ask my daughter to sit on his lap; to raise her school uniform and to kiss his mouth. I told my husband what our daughter said on Monday, February 6 and he immediately called the school to complain and said he was also reporting the allegation to the police.

“He was told to come to the school first so we went there on Tuesday, February 7 and we met the school owner, the driver and some of the teachers. The school owner after listening to us, confronted the driver, saying he returned late with the school bus the previous week and when asked, he said he went to do something at home.”

The aggrieved mother said Fatokin denied sexually molesting her daughter, adding that the case was also reported at the Iju Police Station for further investigation.

“The driver couldn’t say anything other than me? Me? Me? My visibly angry husband went to the driver, shouted at him and questioned why he molested his daughter.

“My husband angrily slapped the driver and they started fighting during which he pushed my husband on his chest. He (her husband) fell and efforts to revive him were abortive. We rushed him to a hospital, where he was confirmed dead,’’ the widow told NAN.

It was learnt that Fatokin absconded after perpetrating the crime.

A representative of the school, who gave his name only as Akin, when contacted on Sunday, said the matter had been reported to the police, adding that an investigation into the case was ongoing.

“The matter has been reported to the Iju station; the police will be able to give you all the information, they have it with them. An investigation is ongoing,” Akin said.

Contacted on Sunday for a reaction, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, said, “No arrest has been made; the driver is on the run. He is accused of sexually molesting the girl and he is on the run. We are on his trail.”

News

Edo Assembly Speaker Blessing Agbebaku resigns

Published

on

Edo ex-Speaker Blessing Agbebaku
Spread the love

The Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Blessing Agbebaku, has reportedly stepped down from his position.

His resignation came as reports emerged that some lawmakers were working on plans to impeach him from the speakership.

Agbebaku became Speaker of the 8th Edo State House of Assembly in June 2023 after lawmakers elected him to lead the chamber.

The former Speaker was originally
elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

However, he later moved to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2025, joining other political figures who changed parties as political alignments in Edo continued to change.

Maduka College Advert

His reported resignation comes as political activities begin to build ahead of the 2027 general elections.

The development is likely to lead to new discussions among lawmakers and political leaders over who will take over the leadership of the Assembly.

The resignation could also affect the balance of power within the House, especially as lawmakers consider the next person to lead the chamber.

Members of the Assembly are expected to meet and take the necessary steps toward filling the vacant Speaker position.

The reason behind Agbebaku’s decision to leave office has not been made public.

It is also not yet clear whether his resignation is connected to recent political developments within the state or other issues involving the Assembly.

More information is expected to emerge as lawmakers react to the development and begin discussions on the next leadership of the Edo State House of Assembly.

Continue Reading

News

Sheikh Jingir: Christianity not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria — Pastor Enenche

Published

on

Pastor Dr. Paul Enenche
Spread the love

• Says security agencies must act against provocative religious remarks

Senior Pastor of Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Pastor Paul Enenche, has declared that Christianity is not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria, while condemning comments linked to Islamic cleric Sheikh Yahya Jingir.

Speaking during the church’s Sunday service at its headquarters in Abuja, Enenche reacted strongly to the controversy generated by Jingir’s recent remarks, insisting that Christians could not be regarded as inferior to adherents of any other faith in the country.

The cleric described the suggestion that Christianity was secondary to another religion as unacceptable, arguing that Christians are present in large numbers across every part of Nigeria.

Enenche also warned against taking the Christian community for granted, maintaining that the church remains a significant force in the nation.

He criticised security agencies for failing to invite Islamic cleric, Sheikh Muhammad Jingir, over his recent comments advocating a Muslim-Muslim political arrangement in Nigeria.

Maduka College Advert

According to Enenche, security agencies should have acted against statements capable of provoking religious tension and violence in the country.

The pastor described as unacceptable the suggestion that Christianity should be regarded as subordinate to any other religion in Nigeria, insisting that Christians constitute a significant part of the country’s population.

He said, “Christianity is not secondary, and no group of religious fanatics will ever make it secondary. Not you, not any political group of people will ever make Christianity secondary to any.”

Enenche also questioned why security agencies had not invited the cleric for questioning over his comments, arguing that allowing individuals to make what he described as reckless statements without consequence could threaten national peace.

He said, “I blame security forces for allowing people to make reckless statements. You allow them still moving on the road, allow them still moving, not knowing that such a statement can incite instant violence.”

The pastor added that authorities should have taken steps to establish whether the comments could incite violence, rather than allowing the speaker to continue making such statements publicly.

“People are messing up and destroying the nation; they are walking free of charge, and they are talking,” he said.

Enenche further warned against taking the Christian community for granted, saying Christians had remained calm despite what he described as provocative statements.

“Nobody should take the church in this nation for granted. Don’t take the church for granted,” he said.

His comments followed controversy generated by the Chairman of the Ulama Council of Jama’atu Izalatil Bid’ah Wa’ikamatis Sunnah, Sheikh Muhammad Jingir, who recently advocated the continued adoption of a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket.

Jingir had, at a special wedding reception organised by the Kano State Government for 1,500 couples whose weddings it sponsored, urged Muslims to vote in a manner that would demonstrate their numerical strength.

Amid reactions to his comments, Jingir told the BBC that he had no regret over his advocacy for a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket, stressing that he had held the position long before the administration of President Bola Tinubu.

The comments have attracted reactions from various quarters, including the National Coordinator of the Obidient Movement Worldwide, Yunusa Tanko, and Nigeria’s Ambassador-designate to South Africa, Femi Fani-Kayode.

Continue Reading

News

Wanted banditry kingpin, Ado Aleru, attends fresh ‘peace talks’ with Katsina community residents

Published

on

Spread the love

Notorious wanted bandit kingpin, Ado Aleru, has once again surfaced publicly, attending fresh peace talks with residents of Kankara Local Government Area in Katsina State.

The meeting marks another round of dialogue between communities terrorised by banditry and the armed groups that have plagued Nigeria’s North-West region for years.

Aleru is a wanted criminal on Nigerian security forces’ list, with a ₦5 million bounty on his head. Despite this, he has repeatedly appeared at peace meetings across Katsina State.

During the latest meeting, Aleru reportedly explained why previous peace efforts failed to bring lasting peace. His appearance has raised serious questions about whether these agreements can actually work.

The peace talks come just days after Aleru suffered a major blow in a military encounter at Doma village, Katsina State. Reports indicate:· His son was killed along with eight other family members· About 30 motorcycles belonging to his network were destroyed· The losses have significantly weakened his criminal network’s strength and mobility.

Maduka College Advert

This is not Aleru’s first peace meeting. He previously attended talks in:· June 2025 – Danmusa LGA, Katsina State·

September 2025 – Faskari LGA, where he vowed to embrace peace·

October 2025 – Kakumi village, where a peace accord was signed

In September 2025, Aleru said he had previously withdrawn from peace efforts after his son was arrested, calling the arrest “unjust”.

Aleru’s participation in peace talks despite being wanted has sparked heated debate:Supporters of dialogue argue that negotiations can reduce attacks and help communities return to normal life.

Critics warn that agreements with armed groups often collapse, pointing to continued attacks linked to Aleru’s network even after previous peace deals.

Adding to the controversy, Aleru was previously given a traditional title in Zamfara State during the administration of former Governor Bello Matawalle, who is now Nigeria’s Minister of State for Defence.

Katsina State is one of several North-Western states hit hard by banditry, with killings, kidnappings, and displacement affecting countless communities. The fresh peace talks in Kankara show that some communities are still willing to negotiate – even with wanted kingpins like Ado Aleru.

Continue Reading

Trending

Maduka College Advert