
News
Angry youths destroy Senator’s Christmas Billboards
LBillboards belonging to Senator Saliu Mustapha, representing Kwara Central in the National Assembly, were removed across key locations in Ilorin, the state capital, on Friday. This removal came just hours after the senator had announced a ₦500 million donation for the construction of a pavilion at the Emir of Ilorin’s palace. The pavilion is planned for use during the annual meetings of the Ilorin Emirate Descendants Progressive Union (IEDPU).
Senator Mustapha, who is also the Turaki of Ilorin, had previously installed the billboards to extend Christmas greetings to the Christian community in Kwara State.
The announcement of his donation was made during the 59th Annual General Meeting of the IEDPU, held at the Emir’s palace earlier in the week.
At the event, Mustapha was represented by Alhaji Uthman Ottan, the immediate past chairman of IEDPU, who also pledged an additional ₦25 million for the project, aimed at ending the practice of holding the union’s meetings under rented canopies.
Other prominent figures, including the chief launcher Ambassador Yahaya Seriki and Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, also made significant contributions to the event.

However, the removal of the senator’s billboards, which were placed at strategic spots such as Taiwo/Unity Road Junction, Police ‘A’ Division, Maraba, and near the Tunde Idiagbon International Airport, has sparked controversy.
A viral Facebook video surfaced showing an individual dismantling one of the billboards displaying Mustapha’s Christmas message.
Political analysts have linked the incident to the intensifying rivalry within the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) as preparations for the 2027 senatorial and governorship elections begin to gain momentum.
An anonymous source suggested that the removal of the billboards may reflect the growing political tensions between Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq and Senator Mustapha, signaling a deepening division within the party in the state.
Mustapha’s media aide, AbdulKareem Alabi, confirmed the removal of the billboards, but insisted that the state government should not be held responsible for the incident.
Alabi described the actions as being perpetrated by “hoodlums,” distancing the government from the development.
In contrast, Alhaji Ismail Asukuti, the General Manager of the Kwara State Signage and Advertising Agency, provided an alternative explanation. He confirmed that some billboards were removed due to ongoing construction work in the area, specifically citing the Police ‘A’ Division location, where construction on an overhead bridge required the removal.
Additionally, Asukuti mentioned that the billboard at Maraba had not been paid for by the senator, which violated local advertising laws.
Despite these explanations, public reactions to the removal were mixed.
Several Facebook users condemned the action and called for a thorough investigation into the incident. Some urged law enforcement to identify and prosecute those responsible, while others linked the incident to political rivalry.
Aliyu Uthman, a Facebook user, expressed concern about the growing political tensions in the state but called for peace, urging both factions to avoid causing unrest. Other users, including Magaji Murtala and Ambali Lateef Solihu, denounced the removal as an act of jealousy and political sabotage, calling for the perpetrators to face justice. (Metroconnect)
News
Enugu ADC chairman allegedly murdered in his village
Tension and grief have enveloped the political community in Enugu State following the suspected murder of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) Chairman in Udenu Local Government Area, Chisimdiri Emmanuel Ngwu.
Ngwu, said to be one of the longest-serving members of the ADC in the state, was reportedly found dead in the early hours of Wednesday, August 19, 2026, in circumstances suspected to be suspicious.
A family source, who spoke to our correspondent, said Ngwu left the house shortly after waking up on Wednesday morning but never returned alive.
“He woke up early in the morning on Wednesday and walked out and that was the last we heard of him,” the source said.
According to the source, the family became worried after discovering that Ngwu was missing, before his lifeless body was later found outside the compound.

“When we woke up, we didn’t see him only to discover his lifeless body in front of our compound. We saw scratches on his neck which was twisted backwards,” the source added.
The circumstances surrounding his death have continued to generate concern among family members, friends and political associates.
Meanwhile, two persons have reportedly been arrested in connection with the incident.
However, their identities and the circumstances surrounding their arrest were not immediately disclosed as of press time.
The development has reportedly sent shock waves through the ADC in Udenu and the wider political community in the state, with calls for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding Ngwu’s death.
News
2027: Tinubu’ll relocate Nigeria’s capital to Lagos if he wins – Primate Ayodele
Leader of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele has claimed that President Bola Tinubu will relocate the capital of Nigeria to Lagos if he is declared the winner of the 2027 general elections.
Primate Ayodele made this statement in a video posted on X.
President Tinubu is seeking re-election under the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
Speaking about Tinubu’s re-election, the cleric said, “Lagos architecture will change. You may not see this one very seriously, but if Tinubu wins the second time, the capital of Nigeria will be relocated to Lagos.
“When this happens, the capital can be in Epe or Lekki or anywhere at all in Lagos.”

News
Police arrest four over alleged murder of 56-year-old man in Anambra
The Anambra State Police Command has uncovered the circumstances surrounding the alleged murder of a 56-year-old man, Mr Kelechi Madu, in Awkuzu, Oyi Local Government Area, two days after he was reported missing.
The development was disclosed in a statement issued on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, who said the breakthrough followed a coordinated search and investigation by police operatives, local vigilantes and members of the deceased’s family.
Madu was reported missing by his wife on August 18, after he reportedly left home on the evening of August 17 and failed to return.
According to the Command, the search for the missing man took a grim turn later that day when his wife returned to the police station to report that he had been found dead in a nearby bush at Umuobi, Awkuzu.
Police operatives immediately mobilised to the scene, where they found Madu’s lifeless body with a deep axe wound to his head. His remains were subsequently evacuated and deposited at a hospital mortuary for preservation.

Following the discovery, detectives intensified their investigation and arrested the deceased’s 32-year-old friend, Mr Ifeanyi Nwankwo, who allegedly confessed to being involved in the planning of the killing.
Preliminary findings by the Command indicated that Nwankwo allegedly obtained money from Madu through fraudulent means, claiming he would assist him in acquiring a piece of land.
Police alleged that the suspect subsequently engaged two other persons to eliminate Madu in an attempt to conceal the alleged fraudulent transaction and prevent the victim from recovering the money.
The Command said two other suspects linked to the alleged plot were also arrested, bringing the number of persons apprehended in connection with the case to four.
The Commissioner of Police, Anambra State Command, CP Nnanna Oji Ama, psc, mnips, has directed investigators to intensify the probe and identify every person involved in the alleged conspiracy and murder.
The CP vowed that all persons found culpable would be brought to justice.
The Command, through Ikenga, assured residents that it would continue to strengthen intelligence-led policing and community partnerships to prevent violent crimes, uncover criminal networks and ensure that perpetrators face the full weight of the law.
-
News2 days agoBREAKING: Gunmen attack Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo shortly after receiving Certificate of Return
-
International3 days agoCanada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence
-
Uncategorized3 days ago2027: Obi unfolds agenda as campaigns begin
-
News2 days agoLagos shuts churches over noise pollution
-
News2 days agoTwo shot as police attempt to arrest suspects in Anambra
-
News3 days agoEven if Tinubu appoints Seyi as INEC chairman, he’ll be defeated in 2027 — Dalung
-
News3 days agoWhy I won’t apologise to Okpebholo — Davido
-
News3 days agoAccess Bank asks court to recover N1.3bn stolen by Yahoo Boys




