Connect with us

International

Gaza ground war begins: Israel kills key Hamas commander

Published

on

• A Palestinian man uses a fire extinguisher to douse a fire following an Israeli strike today in Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip

…as airstrikes pour in while thousands of Palestinians flee south

• Hamas claim warplanes killed 70 civilians in car convoy

Israel has killed a key Hamas commander as it continues to pummel the besieged territory with airstrikes and thousands of Palestinians flee south in preparation for a full-scale ground invasion.

Murad Abu Murad, the head of the terror group’s aerial operations, was killed over the past day when fighter jets struck an operational centre, the Israeli military said today.

Israel yesterday gave 1.1million civilians just 24 hours to escape to the south of the country, including the whole of Gaza City. The UN has asked the move to be revoked, warning of a humanitarian crisis.

Families in cars, trucks and donkey carts packed with their possessions crowded a main road heading southward from Gaza City. Hamas’ media office said warplanes struck cars fleeing south, killing more than 70 people.

Israeli Merkava battle tanks streaming into Gaza in preparation for the full scale ground invasion

• Israeli Merkava battle tanks streaming into Gaza in preparation for the full scale ground invasion

Isreali military drones dropped flyers throughout the day demanding that all Palestinians, including those critically ill in hospital, evacuate the northern half of the strip or risk being caught in a military escalation. It said today that Gazans could flee safely via two main roads between 10am and 4pm.

The IDF then launched its first ‘localised’ raids into the territory, deploying columns of Merkava main battle tanks alongside elite troops to track down hostages and ‘cleanse the area of terrorists and weaponry’.

An undisclosed number of bodies have been recovered and the families of the dead informed, the IDF said.

SEE ALSO:  Biden slammed for declaring Easter Sunday as Transgender day

An Israeli drone killed a number of militants who tried to infiltrate Israel from Lebanon, it added today.

Advertisement
Advertisements
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

International

Israeli strikes on Rafah kill 13, as Gaza death toll surpasses 34,000

Published

on

Advertisements
Continue Reading

International

Nigerian dancer, Korra Obidi attacked with acid, stabbed in UK

Published

on

Nigerian dancer, Korra Obidi attacked with acid, stabbed in UK
• Anita Chukwumfumnaya Obidi aka Korra Obidi

Nigerian dancer, Anita Obidi, popularly known as Korra Obidi, has come under a knife and acid attack in the United Kingdom.

Celebrities Kimora Lee Simmons’s 21-year-old daughter Aoki breaks up with 65-year-old boyfriend.

According to the dancer, the attack occurred while she was in the middle of a live stream on Thursday, April 11, 2024.

The mother of two announced this on her social media.

In the trending video on her instagram page, she was seen washing her face with coca-cola.

“My face is burning, can I have some coke to wash it please,” Obidi screamed as she groaned in pain.

The livestream footage reportedly showed Korra Obidi in distress, frantically washing her face with a Coca-Cola beverage, likely to neutralize the burning sensation of an acid attack.

Two uniformed officers arrived at the scene, captured on video. One officer applied a liquid solution to her face, presumably to ease the pain. The other officer can be seen spraying her back, likely administering first aid.

Advertisement

In a caption accompanying the disturbing video, Obidi pleaded with the public for any information that could identify and apprehend her attacker.

Describing the assailant, Obidi stated it was a Black female of approximately five feet in height. She further revealed she had been subjected to hateful comments online in the past, but this physical assault serves as a stark wake-up call.

“Currently in an ambulance to the hospital, there was a knife, acid attack on me in the UK 🇬🇧 in the middle of a live stream.

“There’s been a lot of hate in the past but this physical assault is a wake up call.

SEE ALSO:  Biden slammed for declaring Easter Sunday as Transgender day

“If you have any information as to the attacker, black female. 5 foot. please forward to Korramanagement@gmail.com,” she wrote.

Advertisements
Continue Reading

International

Man who dismembered wife’s body into 200 pieces sentenced to life in prison

Published

on

Nicholas Metson

A man, Nicholas Metson, 28, who dismembered his wife’s body into over 200 pieces and then enlisted a friend to help dispose of her remains in a river, has been sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum term of 19 years.

Metson fatally stabbed Holly Bramley, 26, at least four times in March 2023 before dismembering her and storing her body parts for a week in the kitchen larder at their shared flat in Shuttleworth House, Stamp End, Lincoln.

According to foreign news platform Independent.co on Monday, Metson admitted to the murder and was sentenced to a minimum term of 19 years and 316 days at Lincoln Crown Court. His friend, Joshua Hancock, who aided in disposing of Bramley’s remains, received a three-year and three-month prison sentence, along with a 10-year sexual harm prevention order.

Sentencing Metson, His Honour Judge Simon Hirst of Shuttleworth House, Lincoln, said, “The cause of death cannot be established given how you treated Holly’s body after you killed her.”

Bramley’s remains were found by an individual who, initially mistook them for animal remains, before discovering human hand in the river on the evening of March 25th more than a week after Ms. Bramley was last seen entering her flat on March 17th.

During the court proceedings, it was revealed that some of Holly Bramley’s remains, including parts of her heart, were never recovered.

Initially, Nicholas Metson denied the charges of murder. However, he later changed his plea to guilty before the trial commenced.

Before Bramley’s remains were discovered and during her period of absence, Lincolnshire Police visited the flat she shared with Metson.

Advertisement

At that time, Metson informed the authorities that his wife had departed their residence on March 19th in the company of two individuals from a local mental health crisis team.

SEE ALSO:  Israeli strikes on Rafah kill 13, as Gaza death toll surpasses 34,000

Upon entering the flat, officers detected a “strong smell of bleach and ammonia” They also spotted a saw resting on a towel, bloodstained sheets within the bathroom, and a large bloodstain on the bedroom floor.

Following the revelation that Metson’s account regarding his wife’s disappearance was deceitful, law enforcement arrested Metson and charged him with murder and perverting the course of justice.

A thorough examination of Metson’s mobile phone revealed Google searches, including inquiries such as “How to get rid of a dead body”, “What benefits can I get if my wife dies” and “Does God forgive murder”.

Metson had also sent a message to Hancock, residing at Walnut Close in Waddington, during the early hours of March 25th, offering him £50 in exchange for Hancock’s assistance with an unspecified “job.”

Advertisements
Continue Reading

Trending