
Entertainment
IGP orders Lagos CP to investigate Mohbad’s death
The Acting Inspector-General of Police, (IGP) Kayode Egbetokun, has directed Lagos Commissioner of Police to initiate a swift and comprehensive investigation into the death of singer Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba aka MohBad.
This directive was conveyed during a brief discussion at the Police Airwing Hangar, Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, on Saturday.
He tasked the CP to quickly and effectively unravel the truth behind the tragedy as there have been understandable concerns and speculations surrounding the circumstances of his untimely demise.

Singer Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba aka MohBa/d
A statement by the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi explained: “Nigeria Police Force hereby earnestly urges any family members or close associates possessing valuable information pertaining to this case to come forward and cooperate with the Lagos State Police Command to ensure that justice is served and the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s demise are thoroughly examined”.

Entertainment
Peller drags his parents for attending wedding with their partners

Nigerian streamer, Peller has dragged his parents for attending his wedding ceremony with their partners.
Peller had his white wedding, which was attended by many dignitaries over the weekend.
Peller’s parents, who have separated from each other, attended the ceremony with their respective partners.

Expressing his frustration over the development, the TikTok streamer, in a video on Wednesday, revealed that he had confronted his parents for turning his wedding into a party despite his earlier warning.

“I’m tired, I’m tired of all these things. I changed it for them oo, no be small.
“Because I told them to invite just a few people, but my mummy dey carry her own boyfriend come, my daddy carry his own girlfriend come.
“All of them just turned my wedding to party. Polygamy is very hard, I’m from a polygamous family”, he said. (sic)
Entertainment
Popular Nollywood Actress dies after battle with cancer
Nollywood actress Temitope Osoba has died after a prolonged battle with cancer, bringing an end to her courageous fight against the illness.
The sad news was confirmed on Wednesday by fellow actor Alesh Ola Sanni, who announced her passing in a heartfelt message shared on his Instagram page.
Sanni disclosed that the actress died on Tuesday evening, expressing deep sorrow over her passing and recalling the memorable moments they shared together. He said he had been unable to sleep after receiving the news and described Osoba as a dear sister whose memories would remain with him.
Temitope Osoba’s death comes nearly two years after she publicly appealed for financial assistance to undergo a second surgery as part of her cancer treatment in November 2024.
During her battle with the illness, the actress spoke openly about the challenges she faced, revealing in an interview that doctors had informed her she might not be able to conceive for five years because of the medication required for her treatment.

She also disclosed that she underwent several medical examinations to determine whether the cancer had spread, but remained hopeful despite the diagnosis.
According to Osoba, she chose not to accept the medical prognosis regarding her chances of having children. Instead, she said she relied on her faith through prayers and fasting while continuing her treatment.
Her passing has sparked an outpouring of grief from colleagues, fans and members of the entertainment industry, who have continued to pay tribute to her life, resilience and contributions to Nollywood.
Entertainment
Magistrate court orders DNA Test on late Mohbad’s son
The Magistrate Court in Ikorodu on Tuesday ordered that Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) tests be conducted on Liam Aloba, the son of late Nigerian singer, Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad.
The DNA tests are to be conducted in an accredited and recognised hospital, both in Nigeria and abroad.
Magistrate Adefisoye Sonuga gave the order while ruling on an application filed by late Mohbad’s Father, Joseph Aloba who sought for a paternity test.
The late Mohbad’s wife, Omowunmi Cynthia Aloba, was listed as the respondent in the application which was brought pursuant to Order 8 Rules 1 & 8 of the Family Court of Lagos State (Civil Procedure) 2012, and Order 9 Rules 8 & 9 of the Magistrate Courts (Civil Procedure) Rules 2009.
The applicant seeks an order of the court directing the Chief Medical Officer /Chief Pathologist or any other appropriately qualified officer of the Military Hospital Yaba, Lagos, who is in charge of the remains of the late Mohbad presently at the Military Hospital Yaba Lagos, to remove any tissue/ hair or any part of the body of the deceased for the purpose of conducting a DNA test on Master Liam Aloba, at a recognised and accredited Government or private medical facility within Lagos State or other agreeable hospital outside Lagos State.

The application also sought an order of the Court directing that a DNA Test be conducted in relation to the paternity of Master Liam Aloba, being the alleged son of Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba (the Deceased), in a recognised and accredited medical facility outside of Nigeria at the expense of the Applicant.
In documents put before the court, Aloba stated that there remains uncertainty regarding the paternity of Master Liam Aloba and given the sensitivity of the matter, it is imperative that the paternity be conclusively settled.
He also insisted that paternity is a live issue with regards to determining the Respondent’s maintenance obligations and the child’s welfare and the DNA is therefore necessary to avoid further delays and prejudice.
When the proceedings came up today, Augustine Adegbemi from the law firm of Dr. Wahab Shittu (SAN) & Co. represented Mr Joseph Aloba while Kabir Akingbolu appeared for the late Mohbad’s wife, Wunmi.
Through his counsel, the applicant moved his application and with no opposition from the respondent counsel, the magistrate granted the order as prayed.
The court gave the following directives:
That two (2) DNA tests be conducted in an accredited and recognized hospital, both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.
That both parties or their representatives be present when the sample is taken.
Further proceedings were then adjourned to November 11th, 2025.
-
News2 days agoBREAKING: Gunmen attack Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo shortly after receiving Certificate of Return
-
International2 days agoCanada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence
-
Uncategorized2 days ago2027: Obi unfolds agenda as campaigns begin
-
News2 days agoLagos shuts churches over noise pollution
-
News2 days agoTwo shot as police attempt to arrest suspects in Anambra
-
News3 days agoWhy I won’t apologise to Okpebholo — Davido
-
News2 days agoEven if Tinubu appoints Seyi as INEC chairman, he’ll be defeated in 2027 — Dalung
-
News3 days agoAccess Bank asks court to recover N1.3bn stolen by Yahoo Boys




