
News
Lady kills lover for refusing to marry her
• Jealous hubby sets man ablaze after mistaking him to be wife’s lover
A lady identified as Toyin has set her boyfriend Moses Baba-Agba ablaze at Akoro, Badagry West Local Council Development Area, LCDA, Lagos State over her refusal to continue with their relationship.
It was learned that the boyfriend discovered that Toyin was not pregnant after he forced her to go for scanning based on the fact that Toyin had been collecting money from him for antenatal for the past few months.
An aunt to the deceased, Pedetin Baba-Agba told Vanguard that Toyin, 24, told Moses, 26, that she was pregnant some weeks ago and Moses had been giving her money for antenatal until last week when Moses told her to go for scanning to know the condition of the baby.
According to her, she came back to tell Moses that the scanning machine got spoilt when it was her turn and this prompted Moses’ mother to take her to the hospital where she discovered that she was not pregnant as claimed and as a result of this, Moses brought the relationship to an end.

Meanwhile, the deceased family said they were not aware Moses told her he was no longer interested in the relationship anymore.
“On Friday night, Toyin deceived Moses’ sister staying with him and took her to the seaside for fresh air. On getting there, Toyin told her to wait because she wanted to pick some clothes at home. When Toyin got home, Moses was already sleeping. She poured petrol on him and set him on fire after locking him in the room. She then escaped with Moses’ phone but as she was fleeing, she was badly wounded on the leg by the raging inferno that spread across the rooms.
“Moses struggled alone in the room for a long time before he could break the door and ran to my house for help. At first, we did not know it was Moses because he was burnt beyond recognition. In the ensuing confusion, we poured oil on him but to no avail. We then rushed him to General hospital where they referred us to the hospital at Ikeja where Moses later died on Monday. His body is presently at the mortuary in Badagry.
“We are pleading with Nigerians to come to our aid. We have also learned that this lady had allegedly stabbed her former husband to death in Ajara, Badagry and nothing was done about it. The lady was tracked down to a church and she was handed over to the police. We don’t know what they are going to do about it yet.”
Similarly, another incident was reported at Gome community, close to Owode Apa, Badagry West LCDA on 13th of November when one John, surname unknown, set a man he saw in front of his house ablaze over allegations of having affair with his wife.
Giving vivid details of how the incident took place, a brother to the deceased, Gabriel Fred told Vanguard; “I got a call that Sunday was set ablaze on Sunday around midnight. On getting there, they had taken him to the hospital. I proceeded to the hospital where I discovered that he was seriously burnt. I was told to go and get some drugs for him on Monday but he died later that day.
“From the information we gathered, Sunday went out that faithful day with his girlfriend. She said she was not feeling well and was vomiting. So, he brought her home and had to wait to make sure she got better before he leaves. He then sat down at the front of the house where the girlfriend was sharing apartment with her married elder sister and he slept off.
“It was while he was asleep that the husband to the elder sister came home to discover a strange man sleeping in front of his house with a packed motorcycle. He immediately went to buy petrol, poured it on the stranger and set him ablaze. It was later discovered that the enraged husband had mistaken Sunday for a man having affair with his wife.”
A woman who sells petrol close to the area said John had come to buy petrol from her that evening, a few minutes before the incident took place not knowing what he was going to use it for. It was further gathered that John had confessed to his father that he set the wrong person ablaze and that he never knew it was Sunday.
It was gathered that the police could not arrest John and his wife because both of them escaped but Sunday’s girlfriend was arrested but was later released on bail. The incident was reported to the police at Badagry.
A source a Area K police command told Vanguard that the lady in question can’t be arrested because of the injury sustained on her leg and as a result of that and Police don’t detain injured people.
News
‘Tinubu has called me, congratulated me,’ Adeleke says after Osun Re-election Victory
• Adeleke of the Accord Party, polled 511,067 votes to defeat APC’s Oyebamiji, who scored 444,815 votes
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has revealed that President Bola Tinubu called and congratulated him shortly after he was declared winner of the August 15 governorship election.
Adeleke made the disclosure while speaking to journalists on Sunday after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared him winner of the election.
He thanked President Tinubu for congratulating him, saying the president had contributed to the sustenance of democracy.
“I feel great. First of all, I thank the God Almighty for what has happened today. It’s a victory for democracy in Nigeria,” And, of course, I want to seize the opportunity to thank Mr President. Mr President has called me, and he has congratulated me, and I thank you, Mr President, for making sure democracy lives on because you fought for it, Mr President,” the governor said.
President Tinubu and Governor Adeleke have maintained a pragmatic relationship despite belonging to rival political parties. Despite their political differences, both leaders have maintained a cordial relationship, with Adeleke making high-profile visits to Tinubu and the President engaging with the Osun governor.

Victory for Osun people, Olive Branch
Speaking further, Adeleke said the result represented a victory for the people of Osun, who, according to him, had endorsed his administration’s performance in office.
“A victory for democracy. A victory for Osun people that stood by me and said, Imole, you have done a lot for us. You have given us the dividends of democracy in terms of infrastructure, improving our education, agriculture and so forth. So this is the Osun people saying, ‘Thank you, Mr Governor,’” he said.
The governor, who secured a second term after defeating his closest challenger, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said his administration would focus on transforming Osun from a civil service-dependent state into an industrial hub.
“I will repay that thank you by making sure that I have a vision. My vision is to make sure that Osun State moves from a civil servant state to an industrial state. I will make sure, all across Osun State, development is on. I love you all, Osun State,” Adeleke said.
Adeleke also extended an olive branch to his opponents, describing the election as a contest without a victor or vanquished.
“Yes, this is no victor, no vanquished. I want them to come over. I’m expecting Oyebanji, even as a civilised person, to call me and congratulate me,” he said.
Asked whether he had ever feared that the election could go against him, Adeleke replied: “No. I have a God. I have a God who never fails.”
News
Osun: When the people stand, democracy wins, says Obi, congratulates Adeleke
The presidential candidate of the National Democratic Coalition (NDC), Peter Obi, has congratulated Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, on his re-election, describing the outcome of the governorship poll as a victory for democracy and the people.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday morning declared Adeleke of the Accord Party as the winner of the 2026 Osun State governorship election.
Announcing the final results, INEC Returning Officer, Prof. Joshua Ogunwole, the Vice- Chancellor of the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti declared Adeleke winner and returned him elected.
Ogunwole announced that the Accord Party candidate secured 511,067 while his closest challenger, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress (APC) recorded 444,815 votes.
Adeleke trounced his major opponent with 66,252 votes amid wild jubilation by party supporters and other residents.

Reacting in a statement on his official X account, Obi said the people of Osun had spoken clearly through the ballot, while commending citizens, particularly youths, for defending their democratic mandate.
“I warmly congratulate Governor Ademola Adeleke on his re-election and the good people of Osun State on this important democratic victory,” Obi said.
“They, the people of Osun, have spoken with courage and clarity, reaffirming that the power to choose their leaders belongs to the people.
“Through his commitment to the people, compassion for their needs, and the strength of his work and achievements in office, Governor Ademola Adeleke has earned their renewed confidence and been entrusted once again with their mandate.
“I particularly commend the courageous youths of Osun who rose to the occasion and peacefully defended their democratic mandate.
“Their vigilance and determination demonstrate that when citizens stand firmly to protect their votes, the forces of good can overcome the forces of darkness.
“The lesson from Osun is clear: democracy is strongest when citizens are alert, conscious of their civic responsibility, and determined to ensure that their votes count.
“Every genuine vote must be respected, and every lawful mandate must be protected. This is also a clarion call as we approach 2027. Nigerians must remain informed, participate actively, vote, and protect their votes.
“The Nigerian people are the ones experiencing hunger, deprivation, insecurity, and hardship; therefore, they are also the ones with the power, through their votes, to bring about the change that will end these conditions.
“I urge all political actors to place the interests of the people above partisan considerations and to embrace peace, unity, and the rule of law.”
Obi warned that elections should never be battles of violence, but contests of ideas, competence, character, and service.
“May the Osun experience strengthen our confidence in the democratic process and inspire Nigerians everywhere to remain vigilant and committed to building a just, secure, prosperous, and truly people-centred nation. A New Nigeria is possible,” the former Governor of Anambra State added.
News
BREAKING: INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov election
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, was on Sunday declared elected, having won 19 out of the 30 local government areas in the governorship election held across the state on Saturday.
The State Returning Officer, the Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Prof Joshua Ogunwole, declared the result of the poll at about 7:24 am on Sunday.
Adeleke polled a total of 511067 votes to emerge victorious in the contest.
Ogunwole subsequently returned the governor to office for another term.
The incumbent Osun governor, who contested the poll on the platform of the Accord, defeated his closest challenger, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress, who won in 11 LG areas of the state.

While Adeleke won in Ede North, Ede South, Ejigbo, Iwo, Egbedore, Ife North, Ife East, Ife Central, Oriade, Ifelodun, Orolu, Ayedaade, Ayedire, Odo Otin, Boluwaduro, Ilesa West, Ifedayo, Osogbo and Ayedire local government areas.
Oyebamiji, however, won in Irewole, Isokan, Olorunda, Atakumosa East, Atakumosa West, Ilesa East, Boripe, Irepodun and Obokun local government areas.
Declaring the results, Ogunwole said, “Accredited voters, 1010684, total votes received by political parties, A, 511067, AA, 2308, AAC, 1458, ADC, 17180, ADP, 2946, APC, 444815, APGA, 1475, APM, 234, APP, 114, BP, 111, NNPP, 118, PRP, 83, SDP, 155, YPP, 534, ZLP, 2482, total valid votes, 985079, rejected votes, 207, total vote cast, 1,005,800.”
After agents of the political parties have signed the results of the election, the Returning Officer declared Adeleke of the Accord as the winner of the poll.
“That Ademola Nurudeen-Jackson Adeleke having satisfied the requirements of the law is hereby declare the winner of the August 15 Governorship election and returned elected,” Ogunwole said.
The candidate of the African Democratic Congress in the poll, Najeem Salaam, came third in the poll.
-
News3 days agoMammoth crowd as Peter Obi makes triumphant entry into Benin, dares Gov Okpebholo [VIDEO]
-
News3 days agoICPC exposes Payroll Scandal: Official paying 14 family members, another worker collects 13 salaries
-
News2 days agoPolice confirm release of abducted Jezco Chairman, Ezeokafor, Rev Sister
-
News19 hours agoBREAKING: Adeleke wins 19 LGs, APC’s Oyebamiji secures 11 LGs
-
News1 day agoKidnapping: My life in captivity — Justice Bunza
-
News1 day agoRigging Attempt: Police aiding APC to intimidate voters in Osun — Adeleke
-
Politics2 days agoOsun Election: APC, Accord wage N20,000-per-vote war
-
Politics19 hours agoOsun: The mourning after By Festus Adedayo




