Connect with us

News

Tinubu’s Inauguration: Paul Enenche warns witches, wizards coming to Abuja

Published

on

Spread the love

Dr. Paul Enenche, the Senior Pastor of Dunamis International Gospel Center, has issued a strong warning to witches and wizards coming into the Federal Capital Territory for the presidential inauguration on 29 May, 2023.

Recall that the White Witches and Wizards Association of Nigeria had on May 1st, said they were making efforts to storm Abuja in a bid to cleanse and detoxify the environment for the President-elect, Bola Tinubu to operate in.

The Spokesperson of the association, Okhue Obo stated this in a statement, and assured Tinubu of a peaceful inauguration. He warned those plotting to scuttle the event to desist.

The statement partly reads: “There is no reason for Tinubu to be afraid because all the campaigns of calumny mounted against him are mere distractions.

“We are currently making efforts to clean and detoxify the Abuja environment where Tinubu will operate from”.

Maduka College Advert

Meanwhile, some members of the association stormed Abuja earlier in the week to carry out the proposed cleansing and detoxification.

Reacting to the development, Enenche dared the witches and wizards, saying “we are in charge here”.

The Cleric who spoke on Friday night during the just concluded Destiny Recovery Convention, instructed other clergymen to anoint strategic places in the city as a spiritual battle against other forces.

The fiery man of God said, “There are some agents of the devil that said they are coming to cleanse this city.

“Anybody who is from the devil, sent from the pit of hell that enters this city to plant any agenda of hell, if they are not cut off then we have no right to preach.

“Every witches and bitches, lizards and wizards, Hey! We are serving you notice to let you know we are in charge here and we are not about to change our minds.

“Pastors, we are going to take prophetic action in this city within the next 24 hours. Carry bottles of oil and go through the territory, anoint the ground and pour oil on this ground. Every agent of the devil who steps on this ground for a demonic agenda is a dead agent.

“Every agent of the devil who steps into the city for the sake of Satan the devil, as we pour the fire on the earth, if they trample on this earth and still survive, we are not serving the living God.”

News

IBB, Nwachukwu, Osoba, others pay tributes to Sam Amuka at Vanguard 40th anniversary book launch

Published

on

Spread the love

Former military Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida, and former Ogun State Governor, Olusegun Osoba, have paid glowing tributes to veteran journalist and Vanguard founder, Sam Amuka-Pemu, as Vanguard Newspapers marked its 40th anniversary book launch.

The event was held on Wednesday at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos, bringing together prominent personalities from the political, business, diplomatic, security and media sectors, as well as former and current members of the Vanguard family.

The anniversary featured the launch of The Vanguard Chronology: 40 Years of Nigeria’s Leading Tabloid, a publication documenting major events, personalities and defining moments in Nigeria’s history through Vanguard’s coverage over four decades.

Babangida hails Amuka

Babangida described Amuka as a national icon and praised Vanguard for its contribution to journalism, democracy and the documentation of Nigeria’s history.

“I salute a national icon. We are not marking another year but celebrating a monumental year,” Babangida said.

Maduka College Advert

According to the former Head of State, who was represented by Professor Mohammed Yahaya, the 40th anniversary is a testament to Vanguard’s commitment to principled journalism and its influence on journalists and editors across generations.

He described Amuka as “a custodian of our collective conscience and a cornerstone of our democracy.”

Babangida said the anniversary publication was more than a book, describing it as a documentation of Vanguard’s contribution to Nigeria’s development over four decades.

“This work is far more than a book. For 40 years, Vanguard has shaped Nigeria’s history, a defender of democratic ideals. This publication is a tribute to that legacy that I am honoured to be associated with,” he said.

He also commended the Vanguard Media Alumni Association for producing the publication, saying the book provides an opportunity to understand Nigeria’s past while drawing lessons for the future.

Babangida said the Vanguard Chronology captures the principles and values that have guided the newspaper, particularly the courage and determination demonstrated by Amuka throughout his career.

“It is our sincere hope that this publication will serve as a historic document for unborn generations,” he said.

He urged Nigerians and members of the media to emulate Amuka’s exemplary life and values, while expressing gratitude to the Vanguard Media Alumni Association for the honour.

Osoba celebrates Amuka’s journalism legacy

Also speaking at the event, Osoba described the occasion as historic, saying it was an opportunity to celebrate Amuka and his contribution to Nigerian journalism.

“It’s a historic occasion. Today, we are celebrating a person,” Osoba said.

The former governor recalled Amuka’s early days in journalism and described him as a risk-taker who played a major role in the establishment of The PUNCH before founding Vanguard in 1984.

Osoba also praised Amuka’s personality, describing him as a “jolly fellow” who conducted interviews without taking notes.

He further commended Amuka for creating an environment where columnists at Vanguard could freely express their views.

“Today, we are talking about a man who is as free as Uncle Sam. He allows his columnists to express themselves,” Osoba said.

In a lighter moment, Osoba spoke about Amuka’s love for food, joking about his regular visits to his favourite amala group despite having what he described as “the best cook in the world”.

Osoba thanked the chairman of the anniversary committee, members of the organising team and all those who attended to honour Amuka.

He described the 91-year-old journalist as “a great Nigerian journalist” who remains active in the profession.

Nwachukwu calls for renewed media campaign for Nigeria

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ike Nwachukwu also commended Vanguard Newspapers for its contributions to Nigeria over the past four decades.

Sam Amuka and Gen Ike Nwachukwu rtd at the Vanguard’s 40th Anniversary Celebration

“Vanguard Newspaper has done so much for our country,” Nwachukwu said.

While noting that the African continent continues to face challenges, he called on Nigerian media organisations to take the lead in projecting the country positively and promoting national pride.

“Even though the African continent is still suffering, I am asking the Nigerian media to lead the charge one more time, to lead the media to sell the Nigerian pride,” he said.

Nwachukwu urged the Nigerian media to use its influence to tell the country’s story, highlight its achievements and promote a stronger sense of national identity.

Obaigbena salutes Amuka

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ThisDay Arise Group, Nduka Obaigbena, described Amuka as an icon and a colossus in Nigerian journalism.

Obaigbena urged Nigerians to recognise and celebrate Amuka’s contributions to the media industry and his enduring influence on journalism in the country.

“He is an icon and a colossus. I urge the people of Nigeria to salute a man of the people,” Obaigbena said.

The 40th anniversary book launch and reunion provided an opportunity for readers, partners and other stakeholders, alongside former and current members of the Vanguard family, to reflect on the newspaper’s four-decade journey and its enduring place in Nigeria’s media landscape. (Vanguard)

 

Continue Reading

News

Police arrest unconscious transformer vandal in Enugu

Published

on

The suspected vandal
Spread the love

Enugu State Police Command, has arrested a 23-year-old suspected transformer vandal, identified as Nnaji Chidiebere, after he was found unconscious with various degrees of burns he sustained while allegedly vandalising a transformer along Ogbaike Road, Obollo-Afor, Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu state

This was contained in a statement issued in Enugu by the Police public relations officer of the state Police Command, SP Daniel Ndukwe on Tuesday.

According to him, “His arrest followed credible information from community members that he had been discovered at about 2:20 p.m., trapped inside the transformer while allegedly attempting to vandalise it.

“Upon receiving the information, operatives of the Command attached to Udenu Police Division promptly mobilised to the scene, found the suspect unconscious with various degrees of burns. He was immediately evacuated to a nearby hospital, where he was resuscitated and subsequently referred to a specialist hospital for further treatment.

“Upon regaining consciousness, the suspect identified himself as Nnaji Chidiebere and stated that he had been alone at the scene. Preliminary investigation, however, has linked him to transformer vandalism in the area. Further investigation is ongoing to determine the full extent of his activities, identify possible accomplices, and facilitate his prosecution.

Maduka College Advert

*The Commissioner of Police, CP Mamman Bitrus Giwa, psc, mspsp, smicm, commended the community members for their prompt intervention and information, which enabled the Police to respond swiftly, rescue and arrest the suspect.

“He reiterated the Command’s firm commitment to protecting critical public infrastructure and urged residents to continue providing timely and credible information on suspicious activities.”

Continue Reading

News

Access Bank asks court to recover N1.3bn stolen by Yahoo Boys

Published

on

Spread the love

• Funds stolen from customers’ corporate accounts, transferred to over 70 accounts in different banks

Access Bank Plc has approached the Federal High Court in Lagos seeking to recover ₦1.34 billion allegedly siphoned from the accounts of four corporate customers through unauthorised transactions on its Access SME internet banking platform.

The bank’s legal action followed the discovery on August 12, 2026, of suspicious transfers involving the accounts of MIB TXN Bullion, Aba Branch; AIICO General Insurance Company Limited; Apogee Engineering Limited; and SIMS Nigeria Limited.

Court documents showed that a total of ₦1,340,425,393 was allegedly transferred from the four accounts and subsequently distributed to accounts domiciled with Access Bank and 71 other financial institutions.

The affected amounts were ₦590,975,889 from MIB TXN Bullion, ₦420,449,504 from AIICO General Insurance Company Limited, ₦136 million from Apogee Engineering Limited and ₦193 million from SIMS Nigeria Limited.

In an ex-parte application marked FHC/LAG/MISC/1168/2026, Access Bank asked the court to preserve the funds and prevent their further movement pending the determination of its substantive suit.

Maduka College Advert

The bank listed 71 financial institutions as respondents and sought orders directing them to place post-no-debit restrictions on accounts and Bank Verification Numbers (BVNs) linked to the alleged fraudulent transfers.

It also asked the court to compel the affected banks to disclose the amounts remaining in the beneficiary accounts and watchlist the BVNs associated with accounts that received the funds.

Access Bank further sought an order directing the reversal of any recovered funds into its account, but the court declined to grant the request at the preliminary stage.

In its affidavit, the bank said its internal investigation established that the funds had been transferred without the authorisation of the affected customers and subsequently distributed among several accounts.

The bank said it immediately contacted the affected financial institutions, notified them of the suspected fraud and requested that the funds be preserved while investigations continued.

It argued that urgent court intervention was necessary to prevent the suspected proceeds from being withdrawn, transferred or otherwise dissipated.

Access Bank also maintained that preserving the funds was necessary to protect its customers and prevent cybercrime capable of causing significant financial and economic damage.

Justice Akintayo Aluko, after considering submissions by Access Bank’s counsel, Ifeoma E. Enyinnaya, granted three of the reliefs sought by the bank.

The judge held that the essence of the application was to preserve the funds from further dissipation and that the court had a duty to protect the subject matter of the case.

However, Justice Aluko declined to grant the relief seeking immediate reversal of the recovered funds, holding that such an order would amount to a final determination of part of the case at the preliminary stage.

The court subsequently adjourned the matter until August 31, 2026, for further proceedings.

Justice Aluko also directed Access Bank’s counsel to file an undertaking as to damages in the event that the orders granted by the court are later found to have been unwarranted.

Continue Reading

Trending

Maduka College Advert