
News
Enugu bags 2025 NAFEST hosting rights
… Enugu in the news nonstop for great things happening – FG
… We guarantee most memorable NAFEST experience – Mbah
Enugu State has bagged the hosting rights for the 2025 National Festival of Arts and Culture themed “Connected Culture.”
Handing over the hosting rights to Governor Peter Mbah at the Enugu State Government House, the Director-General of the National Council for Arts and Culture, Obi Asika, said that the choice of Enugu for the event, which takes place from November 22 to 29, 2025, was based on the city’s rich history, cultural heritage, potentials, and recent developments which he described as ‘great things happening’ in the state.
This was even as Governor Mbah, promised participants a most memorable NAFEST experience.

Asika said, “Enugu has been on the news nonstop for great things. We see what is happening and we are proud of what you are doing and we want to be part of it. My supervising minister – the Honourable Minister of Art, Culture, Tourism and Creative Economy – is happy about NAFEST coming to Enugu.

“Enugu is one of the best cities in Nigeria and you have one of the best governors in Nigeria. We have been observing everything you have been doing.
“It will interest you to note that NAFEST was established by the Federal Government as a platform to unite Nigeria after the civil war, and interestingly, the first edition was hosted in Lagos after the civil war and the East Central State won it. Since then, the only time the event was held in Enugu was 2008. That was 17 years ago.
“But it is coming back. We see what Enugu is doing and I want to commend it. We also see especially some of the investment that you are putting in the Awhum Water fall, the Nsude Pyramid Canopy Walkway and other great things.”
The Director-General, said the event, which would bring over 30 states of the federation and over 5,000 competitors and foreign participants to experience Enugu, would contribute to the economic growth of the state and empower the youth.
“Enugu has a lot of limitless possibilities. I watched the Enugu Tech Festival and I love it. Enugu has a lot of schools than many states in Nigeria and NAFEST has a capacity-building side that will empower and upscale the capacity of these young ones to give them opportunities into the future.
“There are opportunities in NAFEST for the creative people, digital people, the content creators, the poetry people. Enugu has a strong background in masquerade and wrestling. These are some of the elements that are part of NAFEST,” he concluded.
Reacting, an elated Governor Mbah, said NAFEST hosting rights furthered his administration’s agenda to bring 3 million visitors to the state, annually, adding that Enugu was purpose built for such events, given the aesthetic, landscape, and the topography, and infrastructural transformations going on.
“Enugu lends itself to arts and culture. So, this is a situation where opportunity meets preparation. I can assure you that you are going to have one of the most memorable NAFEST events because we are ready and we are hungry for it.
“One of the major transformational agenda of this government is to make here one of the top three economies and the premier destination for business, leisure, living and tourism. We have set a target to attract 3 million visitors every year. So, this is already like a marriage made in heaven. We are going to do everything to ensure that the objective of the NAFEST is achieved and we provide you with the environment,” Mbah said.
He equally highlighted the progress and huge investments in the security of lives and property, assuring all participants of their safety.
“Today, I can assure you that we are one of the safest states to live in because we have built infrastructure to ensure that we nip crime in the bud. But we are not resting on our laurels. We will continue to build on that,” he concluded.
News
2027 Election: Yilwatda apologises to aggrieved Oyo APC members, seeks unity
Ahead of the 2027 general elections, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Prof. Nentawe Yilwatda, has apologised to aggrieved members over perceived wrongs during the party’s internal primaries, saying the National Working Committee (NWC) takes responsibility for such actions.
Yilwatda, who made the disclosure on Thursday in Ibadan during the launch of the APC governorship candidate campaign office in Ibadan, appealed to members who felt hurt, injured, prevented or excluded in any form to forgive the party and remain united ahead of the 2027 general elections.
He said the responsibility extended beyond Oyo State, stressing that the committee that conducted the party’s primaries was constituted by the national leadership and therefore, any mistake committed by it amounted to a mistake by the party.
“This is not for Oyo State alone. Anywhere anybody made a mistake in a state, it is our mistake because the committee was set up by us and they are representing us.
“If anybody is hurt, if anybody is injured, if anybody is prevented or excluded in any form or the other, we take responsibility. On TV, before Nigerians, we take responsibility of all that has happened. I appeal to everybody that we are sorry,” he said.

The APC national chairman urged members at polling units, wards and local government areas across the country to regard the matter as an internal family affair.
Yilwatda assured that the party was taking Oyo State seriously because of its strategic importance and large voting population, second only to Lagos.
Speaking, the APC governorship candidate in Oyo State, Senator Sharafadeen Alli, commended the party’s National Chairman, Prof. Nentawe Yilwatda, for fulfilling his promises to the state within two days.
Alli expressed appreciation to Yilwatda for honouring the invitation to meet with governorship aspirants and stakeholders, saying the achievements recorded within the period surpassed what the stakeholders had been able to accomplish.
He said the promises made when the national chairman invited the aspirants had now been fulfilled.
“We cannot thank you enough for what you have come to do. What you have achieved successfully in two days, we have not been able to accomplish,” Alli said.
He assured the national chairman that the party in Oyo would continue to do the needful.
Earlier, mammoth crowd of members and supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) gathered in Ibadan on Thursday as the party’s national chairman, Professor Nentawe Yilwatda, officially inaugurated the party’s governorship campaign office in Dandaru, along the Total Garden-Mokola Road, Ibadan.
The inauguration formed part of activities marking the APC National Chairman’s two-day official visit to Oyo State, which commenced on Wednesday, August 19, 2026.
Party members from across the 33 local government areas of the state converged on the venue to witness the official inauguration of the campaign office and welcome the national chairman.
The campaign office will serve as the secretariat of the APC governorship candidate in Oyo State, Senator Sharafadeen Alli.
Business
AFRAA welcomes Enugu Air, strengthens Nigeria’s Domestic Aviation growth
The African Airlines Association (AFRAA) has admitted Enugu Air as Member, extending the Association’s membership base in Nigeria’s fast-growing domestic aviation market and reaffirming AFRAA’s commitment to supporting the continued development of African carriers across the continent.
This was announced by AFRAA in Nairobi on Wednesday, making Enugu Air the 50th Member of the association, joining the AFRAA airline fraternity, collectively representing more than 85 per cent of total international traffic carried by African airlines.
Speaking on the occasion, AFRAA Secretary General, Mr. Abdérahmane Berthé, said, “We are delighted to welcome Enugu Air into the AFRAA fraternity.

“As a state-backed carrier serving Nigeria’s rapidly expanding domestic market, Enugu Air represents the kind of homegrown investment that is vital to building resilient air connectivity across our continent.

“We look forward to supporting the airline through the IOSA certification process and to its continued growth within the AFRAA membership, as we work together to advance the cause of unified African skies.”
Reacting to the development, the CEO of Enugu, Capt Tolu Ita, described the admission into AFRAA as a major milestone in the airline’s short history.
“We are honoured to join the AFRAA fraternity. This membership underscores Enugu Air’s commitment to safe, reliable, and affordable air travel for Nigerians while contributing to the vision of a unified African aviation market.
“We look forward to collaborating with fellow AFRAA members and leveraging the association’s support as we grow our network and pursue IOSA certification,” Tolu stated.
Founded on July 7, 2025, Enugu Air commenced commercial operations with a fleet of Embraer E170/E190/E195 aircraft.
The airline, which has its headquarters in Enugu and operates from the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, currently serves nine domestic destinations including Enugu, Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Kano and Benin City.
As part of the airline’s growth strategy, Enugu Air plans to expand further across Nigeria and, in subsequent phases, to launch regional and international routes across Africa, Europe, and beyond.
As part of its growth strategy, Enugu Air plans to expand further across Nigeria and, in subsequent phases, to launch regional and international routes across Africa, Europe, and beyond.
The admission of Enugu Air aligns with AFRAA’s strategic priorities and strengthens the voice of the association. Nigeria, as Africa’s most populous nation and one of its fastest-growing economies, remains central to the realization of a truly integrated African aviation market.
Meanwhile, founded in Accra, Ghana, in April 1968, and headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, AFRAA’s mission is to promote, serve African Airlines and champion Africa’s aviation industry.
The association envisions a sustainable, interconnected and affordable air transport industry in Africa, where African airlines become key players and drivers of African economic development.
AFRAA membership cuts across the entire continent and includes all the major intercontinental African operators.
The association’s members represent over 85% of total international traffic carried by African airlines.
News
Aiyedatiwa appoints 1,004 aides, picks commissioner, three advisers
Ondo State Governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, has approved a fresh round of appointments involving a commissioner, three Special Advisers and 1,000 other aides.
The appointments comprise 90 Senior Special Assistants and 910 Special Assistants, with the governor saying the move is intended to reinforce his administration and improve its reach across the state.
Erelu Taibat Yemi Oloruntoba, from Akoko North-West Local Government Area, has been nominated as Commissioner for Special Duties. Her nomination has been transmitted to the state House of Assembly for consideration and confirmation.
The governor also appointed Hon. Abimbola Fajolu as Special Adviser on Environment, Chief Ade Adeniyi as Special Adviser on Rural and Community Development, and Mr Muyiwa Ogunyemi as Special Adviser on Transport.
Among those named as Senior Special Assistants are Erelu Toyin Ogungbure, Women Mobilisation (South); Bidemi Obayangbon, Forestry; Gboluge Olufunmi Alex, Community Engagement (South); Hon. Akin Adeniyi, Community Engagement (Central); and Obayan Theophilus Ayodeji, Community Engagement (North).

Others include Kelvin Solomon, Students Affairs; Adeolu Iwakun, Volunteer Services; Samson Job Bazuaye, Oil and Gas; Fade Ojamomi, Youth Empowerment and Job Creation; Sam Adepoju, Public Engagement; and Alhaji Samad Orijeminiyi, Scholarship.
Also appointed are Victor Omodara, Grassroots Mobilisation; Abayomi Adefolalu, Photography; and Alhaji Abdukadiri Adenoyi, Prince Nzuoma Egbulefu and Alhaji Garba Goni, all for Non-Indigenes.
-
News1 day agoBREAKING: Gunmen attack Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo shortly after receiving Certificate of Return
-
International2 days agoCanada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence
-
Uncategorized2 days ago2027: Obi unfolds agenda as campaigns begin
-
News1 day agoLagos shuts churches over noise pollution
-
News1 day agoTwo shot as police attempt to arrest suspects in Anambra
-
News2 days agoWhy I won’t apologise to Okpebholo — Davido
-
News2 days agoEven if Tinubu appoints Seyi as INEC chairman, he’ll be defeated in 2027 — Dalung
-
News2 days agoAccess Bank asks court to recover N1.3bn stolen by Yahoo Boys




