
News
Court orders Akpabio, others to file defence in Natasha’s suit
The Federal High Court in Abuja, on Monday, ordered Senate President Godswill Akpabio, and others to file their defence in a suit filed by Sen. Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, representing Kogi Central Senatorial District.
Justice Obiora Egwuatu gave the order after it was confirmed from the court records that all processes in the suit had been duly served on the defendants.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the embattled senator had, in a motion ex-parte marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/384/2025, sued clerk of the National Assembly (NASS) and the Senate as 1st and 2nd defendants.
Akpoti-Uduaghan also named the President of the Senate, Federal Republic of Nigeria, and Sen. Neda Imasuem, who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Code of Conduct as 3rd and 4th defendants respectively.
The lawmaker, among others, sought an order of interim injunction restraining the Senate’s committee headed by Imasuem from proceeding with the purported investigation against her for alleged misconduct sequel to the events that occurred at the plenary on Feb. 20, pursuant to the referral by the Senate on Feb. 25, pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice for interlocutory injunction.

Justice Egwuatu had, on March 4, granted all the prayers in Akpoti-Uduaghan’s motion, including an order declaring any action taken during the pendency of the suit as null, void and of no effect whatsoever.
The judge also granted leave to the lawmaker to serve the 2nd to 4th defendants the originating summons and all other accompanying processes in the suit by substituted means to wit: by serving same through the 1st defendant (Clerk of NASS) or pasting same on the premises of the National Assembly and publishing same in two national dailies.
Justice Egwuatu subsequently made an order “directing the 1st -4th defendants to come and show cause within 72 hours upon the service of the order on them why an order of interlocutory injunction should not be granted against them restraining them from proceeding with the purported investigation against the plaintiff for alleged misconduct without affording her privileges as stipulated in the 1999 Constitution (as amended), the Senate Standing Order 2023 and the Legislative Houses (Powers and Privileges) Act.”
Upon resumed hearing on Monday, counsel to the 1st (clerk), 2nd (Senate) and 3rd (Akpabio) defendants told the court that they had not been served with the processes in the suit.
However, Akpoti-Uduaghan’s lawyer, Michael Numa, SAN, disagreed with their submission.
Numa informed the court that all parties had been served, adding that affidavits of service were already before the court.
After going through the affidavits of service in the court records, Justice Egwatu confirmed service of all processes on all defendants.
At this point, counsel to the senate president, Kehinde Ogunwumiju, SAN, prayed the court for an adjournment for all processes to be regularised.
Other lawyers aligned with Ogunwumiju’s submission, pointing out that this would facilitate accelerated hearing at the next adjourned date.
Justice Egwatu, in a ruling, ordered that all relevant processes should be filed and served on parties in the matter before the next adjourned date.
The judge then adjourned the matter until March 25 for hearing.
NAN reports that the Senate, at a plenary presided over by the senate president on Thursday, suspended Akpoti-Uduaghan for six months after it considered the report of the committee chaired by Imasuem. (NAN)
News
Enugu ADC chairman allegedly murdered in his village
Tension and grief have enveloped the political community in Enugu State following the suspected murder of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) Chairman in Udenu Local Government Area, Chisimdiri Emmanuel Ngwu.
Ngwu, said to be one of the longest-serving members of the ADC in the state, was reportedly found dead in the early hours of Wednesday, August 19, 2026, in circumstances suspected to be suspicious.
A family source, who spoke to our correspondent, said Ngwu left the house shortly after waking up on Wednesday morning but never returned alive.
“He woke up early in the morning on Wednesday and walked out and that was the last we heard of him,” the source said.
According to the source, the family became worried after discovering that Ngwu was missing, before his lifeless body was later found outside the compound.

“When we woke up, we didn’t see him only to discover his lifeless body in front of our compound. We saw scratches on his neck which was twisted backwards,” the source added.
The circumstances surrounding his death have continued to generate concern among family members, friends and political associates.
Meanwhile, two persons have reportedly been arrested in connection with the incident.
However, their identities and the circumstances surrounding their arrest were not immediately disclosed as of press time.
The development has reportedly sent shock waves through the ADC in Udenu and the wider political community in the state, with calls for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding Ngwu’s death.
News
2027: Tinubu’ll relocate Nigeria’s capital to Lagos if he wins – Primate Ayodele
Leader of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele has claimed that President Bola Tinubu will relocate the capital of Nigeria to Lagos if he is declared the winner of the 2027 general elections.
Primate Ayodele made this statement in a video posted on X.
President Tinubu is seeking re-election under the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
Speaking about Tinubu’s re-election, the cleric said, “Lagos architecture will change. You may not see this one very seriously, but if Tinubu wins the second time, the capital of Nigeria will be relocated to Lagos.
“When this happens, the capital can be in Epe or Lekki or anywhere at all in Lagos.”

News
Police arrest four over alleged murder of 56-year-old man in Anambra
The Anambra State Police Command has uncovered the circumstances surrounding the alleged murder of a 56-year-old man, Mr Kelechi Madu, in Awkuzu, Oyi Local Government Area, two days after he was reported missing.
The development was disclosed in a statement issued on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, who said the breakthrough followed a coordinated search and investigation by police operatives, local vigilantes and members of the deceased’s family.
Madu was reported missing by his wife on August 18, after he reportedly left home on the evening of August 17 and failed to return.
According to the Command, the search for the missing man took a grim turn later that day when his wife returned to the police station to report that he had been found dead in a nearby bush at Umuobi, Awkuzu.
Police operatives immediately mobilised to the scene, where they found Madu’s lifeless body with a deep axe wound to his head. His remains were subsequently evacuated and deposited at a hospital mortuary for preservation.

Following the discovery, detectives intensified their investigation and arrested the deceased’s 32-year-old friend, Mr Ifeanyi Nwankwo, who allegedly confessed to being involved in the planning of the killing.
Preliminary findings by the Command indicated that Nwankwo allegedly obtained money from Madu through fraudulent means, claiming he would assist him in acquiring a piece of land.
Police alleged that the suspect subsequently engaged two other persons to eliminate Madu in an attempt to conceal the alleged fraudulent transaction and prevent the victim from recovering the money.
The Command said two other suspects linked to the alleged plot were also arrested, bringing the number of persons apprehended in connection with the case to four.
The Commissioner of Police, Anambra State Command, CP Nnanna Oji Ama, psc, mnips, has directed investigators to intensify the probe and identify every person involved in the alleged conspiracy and murder.
The CP vowed that all persons found culpable would be brought to justice.
The Command, through Ikenga, assured residents that it would continue to strengthen intelligence-led policing and community partnerships to prevent violent crimes, uncover criminal networks and ensure that perpetrators face the full weight of the law.
-
News2 days agoBREAKING: Gunmen attack Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo shortly after receiving Certificate of Return
-
International3 days agoCanada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence
-
Uncategorized3 days ago2027: Obi unfolds agenda as campaigns begin
-
News2 days agoLagos shuts churches over noise pollution
-
News2 days agoTwo shot as police attempt to arrest suspects in Anambra
-
News2 days agoEven if Tinubu appoints Seyi as INEC chairman, he’ll be defeated in 2027 — Dalung
-
News3 days agoWhy I won’t apologise to Okpebholo — Davido
-
News3 days agoAccess Bank asks court to recover N1.3bn stolen by Yahoo Boys




