
News
Tinubu’s Visit To Enugu And Many Testimonials On Gov. Mbah
By Samson Ezea
Expected in Enugu State on a presidential visit today is the president of Nigeria, His Excellency, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Of significance and remarkable is that the visit is President Tinubu’s first official visit to any state this year. While in the state, President Tinubu will visit and commission many completed, ongoing and nearing completion legacy, people-oriented, developmental projects inherited, initiated, commenced and completed by Governor Peter Ndubuisi Mbah since assuming office nineteen months ago.
Majorly among these projects to be commissioned by President Tinubu include some completed Smart Green Schools, dazzling International Conference Centre that has made Enugu a conferencing state of international standard and first of its type in any state in Nigeria, completed primary healthcare centres, several kilometres of asphalted urban and rural roads, completed modern bus terminals and others.
President Tinubu will also confirm and affirm the testimonies and statements of his vice, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, and other federal government appointees who have visited the state and seen Governor Mbah’s outstanding performance, good governance and giant strides that have transformed and changed the landscape of the Enugu State within a short period and like never before.
President Tinubu will see that Governor Mbah has turned Enugu State into a construction site since assuming office and is not resting on his oars in making Enugu economy one of the biggest in the country, investors’ destination, accessible, and secure state in the country.

The visit will also offer President Tinubu the opportunity to see why Governor Mbah’s administration has consistently been in the news for good reasons and has remained a reference point for good governance and intentional leadership in Nigeria in recent times.
President Tinubu’s visit to Enugu State to see and commission some completed and ongoing projects, despite party differences with Gov. Mbah is a clear signal to some armchair and divisive opposition members in Enugu State that President Tinubu is an apostle and believer of good governance and intentional leadership which Governor Mbah represents in Enugu State and has proven by his sterling performance in office so far.
Just like his Vice and other of his appointees that had visited the state before now and testified about Governor Mbah’s performance, President Tinubu will have many testimonies and commendations to make about Governor Mbah’s magic wand in governance during his first official visit to the state today and leaves with lasting impression about Governor Mbah’s giant strides across the length and breath of the state.
He will witness or see how Governor Mbah has quietly and stoically demystified opposition in the state with avalanche of enduring, transformative, and monumental projects of immense economic value and lasting impact.
News
Enugu ADC chairman allegedly murdered in his village
Tension and grief have enveloped the political community in Enugu State following the suspected murder of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) Chairman in Udenu Local Government Area, Chisimdiri Emmanuel Ngwu.
Ngwu, said to be one of the longest-serving members of the ADC in the state, was reportedly found dead in the early hours of Wednesday, August 19, 2026, in circumstances suspected to be suspicious.
A family source, who spoke to our correspondent, said Ngwu left the house shortly after waking up on Wednesday morning but never returned alive.
“He woke up early in the morning on Wednesday and walked out and that was the last we heard of him,” the source said.
According to the source, the family became worried after discovering that Ngwu was missing, before his lifeless body was later found outside the compound.

“When we woke up, we didn’t see him only to discover his lifeless body in front of our compound. We saw scratches on his neck which was twisted backwards,” the source added.
The circumstances surrounding his death have continued to generate concern among family members, friends and political associates.
Meanwhile, two persons have reportedly been arrested in connection with the incident.
However, their identities and the circumstances surrounding their arrest were not immediately disclosed as of press time.
The development has reportedly sent shock waves through the ADC in Udenu and the wider political community in the state, with calls for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding Ngwu’s death.
News
2027: Tinubu’ll relocate Nigeria’s capital to Lagos if he wins – Primate Ayodele
Leader of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele has claimed that President Bola Tinubu will relocate the capital of Nigeria to Lagos if he is declared the winner of the 2027 general elections.
Primate Ayodele made this statement in a video posted on X.
President Tinubu is seeking re-election under the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
Speaking about Tinubu’s re-election, the cleric said, “Lagos architecture will change. You may not see this one very seriously, but if Tinubu wins the second time, the capital of Nigeria will be relocated to Lagos.
“When this happens, the capital can be in Epe or Lekki or anywhere at all in Lagos.”

News
Police arrest four over alleged murder of 56-year-old man in Anambra
The Anambra State Police Command has uncovered the circumstances surrounding the alleged murder of a 56-year-old man, Mr Kelechi Madu, in Awkuzu, Oyi Local Government Area, two days after he was reported missing.
The development was disclosed in a statement issued on Friday, August 21, 2026, by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, who said the breakthrough followed a coordinated search and investigation by police operatives, local vigilantes and members of the deceased’s family.
Madu was reported missing by his wife on August 18, after he reportedly left home on the evening of August 17 and failed to return.
According to the Command, the search for the missing man took a grim turn later that day when his wife returned to the police station to report that he had been found dead in a nearby bush at Umuobi, Awkuzu.
Police operatives immediately mobilised to the scene, where they found Madu’s lifeless body with a deep axe wound to his head. His remains were subsequently evacuated and deposited at a hospital mortuary for preservation.

Following the discovery, detectives intensified their investigation and arrested the deceased’s 32-year-old friend, Mr Ifeanyi Nwankwo, who allegedly confessed to being involved in the planning of the killing.
Preliminary findings by the Command indicated that Nwankwo allegedly obtained money from Madu through fraudulent means, claiming he would assist him in acquiring a piece of land.
Police alleged that the suspect subsequently engaged two other persons to eliminate Madu in an attempt to conceal the alleged fraudulent transaction and prevent the victim from recovering the money.
The Command said two other suspects linked to the alleged plot were also arrested, bringing the number of persons apprehended in connection with the case to four.
The Commissioner of Police, Anambra State Command, CP Nnanna Oji Ama, psc, mnips, has directed investigators to intensify the probe and identify every person involved in the alleged conspiracy and murder.
The CP vowed that all persons found culpable would be brought to justice.
The Command, through Ikenga, assured residents that it would continue to strengthen intelligence-led policing and community partnerships to prevent violent crimes, uncover criminal networks and ensure that perpetrators face the full weight of the law.
-
News2 days agoBREAKING: Gunmen attack Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo shortly after receiving Certificate of Return
-
International3 days agoCanada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence
-
Uncategorized3 days ago2027: Obi unfolds agenda as campaigns begin
-
News2 days agoLagos shuts churches over noise pollution
-
News2 days agoTwo shot as police attempt to arrest suspects in Anambra
-
News2 days agoEven if Tinubu appoints Seyi as INEC chairman, he’ll be defeated in 2027 — Dalung
-
News3 days agoWhy I won’t apologise to Okpebholo — Davido
-
News3 days agoAccess Bank asks court to recover N1.3bn stolen by Yahoo Boys




