Connect with us

News

Full List: Tinubu approves redeployment of 11 Permanent Secretaries

Published

on

Spread the love

President Bola Tinubu has approved the redeployment of eleven permanent secretaries to new ministries, effective immediately.

The announcement was made in a statement issued on Thursday by the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF), Didi Esther Walson-Jack.

According to Walson-Jack’s directive, all processes related to the handing over and taking over of responsibilities should be concluded by December 31, 2024.

The redeployed permanent secretaries and their new assignments are as follows:

Gabriel Aduda: From the Ministry of Women Affairs to the Ministry of Defence.

Maduka College Advert

Olumuyiwa Enitan Abel: From the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Reduction to the Ministry of Education, to understudy the Permanent Secretary.

Mr. Temitope Peter Fashedemi: From the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security to the State House.

Shuaib Mohammed Lamido Belgore: From the Ministry of Regional Development to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development.

Marcus Olaniyi Olowolabi: From the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development to the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security.

Engr. Adebiyi Olusesan Olufunso: From the State House to the Ministry of Works.

Dr. Ibrahim Abubakar Kana: From the Ministry of Defence to the Ministry of Aviation and Aerospace Development.

Dr. Yakubu Adam Kofarmata: From the Ministry of Works to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Reduction.

Raymond Omenka Omachi: From the Common Services Office, OHCSF, to the Ministry of Finance (Special Duties).

Tinuke Watti: From the Ministry of Sports Development to the Ministry of Regional Development.

Dr. Maryam Ismaila Keshinro: From the Ministry of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs to the Ministry of Women Affairs.

The redeployment is part of efforts to optimize the efficiency of the civil service and ensure the effective delivery of government services.

All concerned ministries are expected to complete the transition process by the set deadline, December 31, 2024.

News

Another fake agency uncovered, FG suspends three perm secs, orders arrest

Published

on

Tinubu scraps Ministries of Niger Delta, Sports
President Bola Tinubu
Spread the love

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the suspension of three permanent secretaries over the discovery of another fake agency operating within the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

The affected PS are M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah.

The President also ordered the arrest of one George Buchi Nwabueze.

Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Dr Musa Aliyu, SAN, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Friday after briefing the President for the second time in two days, following an earlier meeting on Thursday.The

Aliyu said the newly uncovered fake office, operating under the name “National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office,” had been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the OSGF, contrary to extant laws and without presidential authorisation.

Maduka College Advert

He said the discovery emerged in the course of the commission’s broader investigation, as earlier directed by the President.

The ICPC boss identified the promoter of the fake office as one George Nwabueze, who was said to be operating under multiple aliases.

“The fake agency office, National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, was promoted by one George Buchi Nwabueze, with active suspected collaborators in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, contrary to extant laws and without authorisation of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“The promoter was discovered to also operate under four other variations of his name: George Nathan, George Nathan Nwabueze, Honourable George Buchi Nwabueze, Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and George Nwabueze,” Aliyu said.

He revealed that the ICPC had engaged the OSGF to ascertain vital information relating to the fake office under investigation, and had comprehensively briefed the President on the new developments.

“I have briefed Mr President comprehensively on these new developments. ICPC will continue with its investigations accordingly,” he said.

Aliyu said following the discovery, “Mr President has directed as follows: the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze; the immediate suspension of the following permanent secretaries; M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah,” he said.

Friday’s development is the latest in a scandal that began with the exposure of the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council, whose self-styled Director-General, Adeniyi Adeyemi, is currently facing prosecution on charges of forgery and impersonation.

The ICPC’s interim report, submitted to the President on August 6 after a 30-day investigation, had earlier disclosed the existence of two other fictitious bodies, the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.

The National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office is the fourth fake agency uncovered after the PFIFC scandal since early April.

Continue Reading

News

Enugu ADC chairman allegedly murdered in his village

Published

on

Spread the love

Tension and grief have enveloped the political community in Enugu State following the suspected murder of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) Chairman in Udenu Local Government Area, Chisimdiri Emmanuel Ngwu.

Ngwu, said to be one of the longest-serving members of the ADC in the state, was reportedly found dead in the early hours of Wednesday, August 19, 2026, in circumstances suspected to be suspicious.

A family source, who spoke to our correspondent, said Ngwu left the house shortly after waking up on Wednesday morning but never returned alive.

“He woke up early in the morning on Wednesday and walked out and that was the last we heard of him,” the source said.

According to the source, the family became worried after discovering that Ngwu was missing, before his lifeless body was later found outside the compound.

Maduka College Advert

“When we woke up, we didn’t see him only to discover his lifeless body in front of our compound. We saw scratches on his neck which was twisted backwards,” the source added.

The circumstances surrounding his death have continued to generate concern among family members, friends and political associates.

Meanwhile, two persons have reportedly been arrested in connection with the incident.

However, their identities and the circumstances surrounding their arrest were not immediately disclosed as of press time.

The development has reportedly sent shock waves through the ADC in Udenu and the wider political community in the state, with calls for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding Ngwu’s death.

Continue Reading

News

2027: Tinubu’ll relocate Nigeria’s capital to Lagos if he wins – Primate Ayodele

Published

on

Primate Elijah Ayodele
Spread the love

Leader of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate Elijah Ayodele has claimed that President Bola Tinubu will relocate the capital of Nigeria to Lagos if he is declared the winner of the 2027 general elections.

Primate Ayodele made this statement in a video posted on X.

President Tinubu is seeking re-election under the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

Speaking about Tinubu’s re-election, the cleric said, “Lagos architecture will change. You may not see this one very seriously, but if Tinubu wins the second time, the capital of Nigeria will be relocated to Lagos.

“When this happens, the capital can be in Epe or Lekki or anywhere at all in Lagos.”

Maduka College Advert
Continue Reading

Trending

Maduka College Advert