
News
Enugu remains safest state for Business, Living, Leisure in Nigeria – Gov. Mbah
…says criminals know that Enugu State is no longer conducive for them
Gov. Peter Mbah says Enugu State remains the safest for foreign investors and Nigerians to do business, live and come to spend leisure time.
The governor who recounted the huge investments made by his administration so far to secure lives and property, declared that bandits and other criminals have known that the state will never be conducive for their activities anymore.
Mbah spoke on Saturday in Enugu during a Town Hall Meeting with a cross section of professionals, associations, unions and bodies as well as religious, traditional and political leaders in the state.
Speaking onthe theme: “Governance Issues: The Journey So Far”, the governor said that his administration had stopped the absurdity called Monday Sit-at-Home through strategic security planning and funding.
He said that his administration had also stopped the incident of security men being attacked in the state.

The governor said that through this act, his administration had totally recovered the confidence of the people and visitors to their overall security and safety in the state.
According to him, there is no amount spent on keeping the state safe and secure is considered too much by my administration.
“As far as the country is concerned, Enugu State remains the most secured and safest state to invest and live in.
“Our security men are always on their best and working tirelessly day and night to make all parts of the state secure for all,” he said.
Mbah said that in the past 18 months, the state government had invested in procuring 100 Distress Response Squad (DRS) vehicles and mounted high-tech security cameras and other necessary gadgets on them to checkmate insecurity.
He said that the government had installed high-tech security cameras and search lights in various bus stops, junctions of high densely populated areas and intermittently along major highways in the state, which had been linked to a centralized monitoring system.
“The state government built and equipped its newly inaugurated Security Command and Control Centre.
“The Centre hosts the centralised monitoring system that links up all the high-tech security cameras on the roads, bus stops, populated areas and major highways as well as those mounted on the 100 DRS vehicles.
“With huge investment and driving security with latest technology, as found in other developed countries, bandits and other criminals know that Enugu State will never be conducive for them anymore,” he said.
He said that there was an ongoing plan to replicate such a security centre and architecture as placing high-tech security cameras and solar-powered streetlights in semi-urban and rural areas and communities throughout the state.
Mbah said that the government was planning to provide more internal security vehicles for the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Air Force, the Nigeria Police, Department of Security Services; and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps.
“I want to use this opportunity to thank the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Air Force, Nigeria Police, Department of Security Services and Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps for the wonderful security work done in the state.
“It is the sacrifice you have put and your commitment that have continued to make the state the safest in the country,” he said.
The government also spoke about education, water, health, transportation and tourism among others during the town hall meeting to enumerate his stewardship in the past 18 months as governor of the state.
News
APC Chairman slumps, dies during reconciliation meeting in Kogi
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State was thrown into deep mourning on Friday following the sudden death of its local government chairman, Oyewole Mayowa Solomon.
Solomon reportedly slumped during a peace and reconciliation meeting held at the Iyara Town Hall, the administrative headquarters of the local government area.
According to participants, the meeting was in progress when the late party leader suddenly collapsed, causing instant confusion, panic, and devastation among the political leaders and delegates in attendance.
Efforts were made immediately to resuscitate him before he was rushed to a medical facility in neighboring Kabba.
Unfortunately, he was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival at the hospital.

Reports said the peace meeting was convened by Funsho Olumoko, a former chairman of the Ijumu Local Government Area who was recently tasked by the Ijumu Consultative Forum to harmonize political interests within the region.
The session aimed to reconcile factions, resolve internal disputes, and foster unity among stakeholders ahead of future political engagements.
The peace initiative followed an earlier meeting in Iyara where APC stakeholders endorsed President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Kogi State Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo for second terms.
However, the previous initiative had experienced visible friction over local government leadership, culminating in a walkout by the deceased and several top government functionaries.
Friday’s follow-up meeting was meant to bridge those divides, bringing together selected political leaders, local government and ward executives, women and youth leaders, and government appointees representing all 15 wards of Ijumu LGA.
However, the sudden passing of Solomon has delivered a major shockwave to the political landscape in Kogi West, casting a heavy shadow over ongoing efforts to unify party ranks ahead of the 2027 general elections.
As of press time, the exact cause of his death has not been officially disclosed, just as no formal statement has been received from the APC state executive and local authorities on the development ..
News
Another fake agency uncovered, FG suspends three perm secs, orders arrest
President Bola Tinubu has ordered the suspension of three permanent secretaries over the discovery of another fake agency operating within the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
The affected PS are M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah.
The President also ordered the arrest of one George Buchi Nwabueze.
Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Dr Musa Aliyu, SAN, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Friday after briefing the President for the second time in two days, following an earlier meeting on Thursday.The
Aliyu said the newly uncovered fake office, operating under the name “National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office,” had been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the OSGF, contrary to extant laws and without presidential authorisation.

He said the discovery emerged in the course of the commission’s broader investigation, as earlier directed by the President.
The ICPC boss identified the promoter of the fake office as one George Nwabueze, who was said to be operating under multiple aliases.
“The fake agency office, National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, was promoted by one George Buchi Nwabueze, with active suspected collaborators in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, contrary to extant laws and without authorisation of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“The promoter was discovered to also operate under four other variations of his name: George Nathan, George Nathan Nwabueze, Honourable George Buchi Nwabueze, Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and George Nwabueze,” Aliyu said.
He revealed that the ICPC had engaged the OSGF to ascertain vital information relating to the fake office under investigation, and had comprehensively briefed the President on the new developments.
“I have briefed Mr President comprehensively on these new developments. ICPC will continue with its investigations accordingly,” he said.
Aliyu said following the discovery, “Mr President has directed as follows: the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze; the immediate suspension of the following permanent secretaries; M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah,” he said.
Friday’s development is the latest in a scandal that began with the exposure of the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council, whose self-styled Director-General, Adeniyi Adeyemi, is currently facing prosecution on charges of forgery and impersonation.
The ICPC’s interim report, submitted to the President on August 6 after a 30-day investigation, had earlier disclosed the existence of two other fictitious bodies, the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.
The National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office is the fourth fake agency uncovered after the PFIFC scandal since early April.
News
Enugu ADC chairman allegedly murdered in his village
Tension and grief have enveloped the political community in Enugu State following the suspected murder of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) Chairman in Udenu Local Government Area, Chisimdiri Emmanuel Ngwu.
Ngwu, said to be one of the longest-serving members of the ADC in the state, was reportedly found dead in the early hours of Wednesday, August 19, 2026, in circumstances suspected to be suspicious.
A family source, who spoke to our correspondent, said Ngwu left the house shortly after waking up on Wednesday morning but never returned alive.
“He woke up early in the morning on Wednesday and walked out and that was the last we heard of him,” the source said.
According to the source, the family became worried after discovering that Ngwu was missing, before his lifeless body was later found outside the compound.

“When we woke up, we didn’t see him only to discover his lifeless body in front of our compound. We saw scratches on his neck which was twisted backwards,” the source added.
The circumstances surrounding his death have continued to generate concern among family members, friends and political associates.
Meanwhile, two persons have reportedly been arrested in connection with the incident.
However, their identities and the circumstances surrounding their arrest were not immediately disclosed as of press time.
The development has reportedly sent shock waves through the ADC in Udenu and the wider political community in the state, with calls for a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding Ngwu’s death.
-
News3 days agoBREAKING: Gunmen attack Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo shortly after receiving Certificate of Return
-
International3 days agoCanada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence
-
Uncategorized3 days ago2027: Obi unfolds agenda as campaigns begin
-
News2 days agoLagos shuts churches over noise pollution
-
News2 days agoTwo shot as police attempt to arrest suspects in Anambra
-
News3 days agoEven if Tinubu appoints Seyi as INEC chairman, he’ll be defeated in 2027 — Dalung
-
News3 days agoAccess Bank asks court to recover N1.3bn stolen by Yahoo Boys
-
News3 days agoNDLEA busts cocaine cartel, arrests social media influencer KC Luxury in Lagos




