
News
‘We are suffering’ – Npower beneficiaries cry out to Tinubu over unpaid eight months stipends
The Batch “C” set of N-Power beneficiaries has written to President Bola Tinubu, calling for urgent intervention as they lamented that they have not been paid their stipends for the past eight months.
The N-Power batch “C” beneficiaries in the letter written by their National Publicity Secretary, Gbadebo Adesiyan, said that the nonpayment of the stipends had caused immense distress, inconveniences and hardship to millions of unemployed Nigerian graduates captured under the scheme.
Adesiyan stated that no N-Power beneficiary under batch “C” had been paid a dime from January to July of this year, with August, the eighth month coming to an end, lamenting that the situation had left beneficiaries in a state of financial uncertainty and despair.
According to Adesiyan, they were told that the delay on the payment of their stipends was because funds for the said unpaid months have not been approved or disbursed into the National Social Investment Management System (NASIMS) account by the presidency.
The letter read, “I wish to write this article with a heavy heart and a sense of urgency, hoping to shed light on a matter of National concern that needs your immediate action.
“The non-payment of stipends to beneficiaries of the NPOWER program has caused immense distress, inconveniences and hardship to millions of our unemployed Graduates captured under the scheme.

“I implore Mr. President to take swift action to address this issue and restore the faith of the Nigerian people in their government’s commitment to their well-being and welfarism.
“For the past eight (8) months, NPOWER has failed to disburse stipends to its beneficiaries. The months of October, November and December of 2022 were paid to some of the beneficiaries while the majority still remain unpaid.
“No beneficiary was paid a dime in the whole of 2023 starting from January, February, March, April, May, June and July of 2023 this has left beneficiaries in a state of financial uncertainty and despair.
“The reason provided for this delay is the claims that funds for the said months have not been approved or disbursed into NASIMS account by the presidency, isn’t this laughable?
“Adding insult to our injury, a fake validation process was introduced by the Authorities and this has been riddled with technical glitches and inconsistencies.
“Beneficiaries have faced numerous challenges and roadblocks when attempting to validate their accounts, thereby impeding their access to the vital stipends they depend on for their livelihoods. Even those who successfully completed the validation process have not received a single payment.
“This situation has created a dire state of affairs, as beneficiaries struggle to meet their basic needs and support their families. The unpaid stipends were meant to alleviate financial burdens and enable individuals to contribute to the economy.
“Instead, the prolonged delay has exacerbated the already difficult circumstances faced by these individuals, pushing them further into poverty and despair,” the Npower beneficiaries wrote over their unpaid entitlements.

News
Nigerian woman jailed in Ghana over fake passport documents
A Ghanaian court has sentenced a 41-year-old Nigerian woman, Franca Wilson, to six months imprisonment with hard labour for attempting to secure a Ghanaian passport using forged nationality documents.
The conviction was confirmed by the Ghana Immigration Service in a report published on Thursday by the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation.
Wilson, said to be a welder, reportedly pleaded guilty before the Adabraka District Court in Accra on May 12, 2026, to charges related to fraudulent acquisition of travel documents.
According to reports, the court handed her a six-month jail term on three separate counts, with the sentences to run concurrently.
The convict was arrested on April 24, 2026, at the Accra Passport Application Centre after immigration officers detected inconsistencies in the nationality details she provided during screening.
Authorities subsequently referred the matter to the National Enforcement Department of the Ghana Immigration Service for further investigations.

Investigators later established that Wilson is a Nigerian citizen from Rivers State and was born to Nigerian parents.
However, she allegedly presented a forged birth certificate claiming she was born in Somanya, located in Ghana’s Eastern Region, to a Ghanaian mother.
The immigration service disclosed that during interrogation, the suspect failed to provide convincing information about the alleged Ghanaian parent she claimed as her mother.
The case is the latest in a series of identity-related offences involving foreign nationals in Ghana.
In December 2025, two Nigerians identified as Ike Isaac and Emmanuel Egbe were sentenced to 12 months imprisonment each by a Ghanaian court for attempting to obtain Ghana Cards using false identities.
The Madina District Court II had found both men guilty of fraudulently seeking to acquire the national identity cards.

News
Police arrest suspect over killing of Imo Nursing Student
Suspected assassins have murdered Wendy Achumba, a female student of the College of Nursing Umulogho, in Obowo LGA of Imo state.
The State Police Command said Thursday that it has intensified investigations into the gruesome murder of the female student in order to apprehend the killers.
Reports indicate that the student, who was said to be done with her midwifery but on post basic training, was killed in her apartment on Thursday.
The deceased hails from Isiala-Ngwa in Abia state, but details of her death were still sketchy as of the time of filing this report.
Confirming the development, the Imo state police command said it has launched a manhunt for the killers.
“The Command is aware of the tragic incident involving the death of a female student of the College of Nursing, Umulogho, whose body was discovered in her private off-campus apartment,” Henry Okoye, spokesperson for the command, said in a statement on Friday.

Okoye added that following the report, the DPO and operatives promptly visited the scene for an on-the-spot assessment, after which the body was recovered and deposited at the morgue.
Okoye said investigation has commenced to unravel the circumstances surrounding the incident and arrest those responsible.
He noted that the command has arrested one suspect, who is currently undergoing preliminary questioning.
“Consequently, the Command appeals to students and members of the public to remain calm, assuring that the situation is under control and that every effort is being made to ensure those behind the act are brought to justice,” the statement added.

News
2027: Back Tinubu or risk losing federal projects — Umahi tells South-East Leaders
The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has urged political stakeholders in the South-East to rally behind President Bola Ahmed Tinubu ahead of the 2027 general elections, warning that failure to do so could affect the region’s access to federal development projects.
Umahi made the remark while addressing concerns around federal infrastructure delivery and political alignment in the South-East, stressing that the region stands to benefit more under continued cooperation with the current administration.
According to him, the Tinubu-led government has already committed substantial resources to ongoing road and infrastructure projects across the South-East, including major highways, bridges, and rehabilitation works, which he said reflect unprecedented federal attention to the region in recent years.
The minister argued that political alignment remains critical in ensuring continuity and expansion of such projects, insisting that opposition politics could weaken the region’s influence in national decision-making and project allocation.
He maintained that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has demonstrated what he described as “inclusive governance” through appointments and infrastructure investments, adding that the South-East should adopt a more strategic political approach rather than confrontational positioning ahead of 2027.
Umahi also reiterated his belief that the South-East would overwhelmingly support Tinubu’s re-election bid, insisting that ongoing projects and federal presence in the region would naturally translate into political appreciation.

His comments are the latest in a series of strong endorsements of the President by the Works Minister, who has consistently pointed to major federal road projects in the region as evidence of what he calls renewed attention to South-East development.
The statement is expected to generate political debate, especially among opposition figures and stakeholders in the region who have continued to question the distribution of federal projects and political inclusiveness.
As the 2027 elections draw closer, analysts say such remarks highlight the growing early political positioning within Nigeria’s major geopolitical zones, particularly in the South-East where electoral competition remains highly contested.

-
News2 days agoBREAKING: Fubara withdraws from APC governorship primaries
-
News2 days agoTerrorists have infiltrated no less than 40 South-West LGs — Gani Adams
-
News2 days agoEkweremadu’s Mother-in-Law for Burial 28th May
-
News3 days agoAPC Enugu announces Senatorial primary results, Presents Certificates of Return to winners
-
News1 day agoCarnival as Enugu APC Turns Out En Masse to Affirm Mbah Guber Candidate
-
News22 hours agoPresidency denies plan to rename Nigeria, abolish Sharia law
-
News2 days agoCoup trial: Accused colonel rejects military court
-
News23 hours agoDefence Headquarters releases full details of terrorist group behind Oyo school attack


