Connect with us

News

Marketers kick over Anambra govt’s plan to demolish 13 filling stations for flyover project

Published

on

Spread the love

The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) has lamented the proposed demolition of 13 functional filling stations to make way for the construction of flyover in Ekwulobia area of the state.

The marketers, in a protest letter signed by Mr Chinedu Anyaso, Chairman of IPMAN Enugu Depot Community in charge of Anambra, Ebonyi and Enugu states, called on Gov. Chukwuma Soludo of Anambra to resolve the issue amicably.

Anyaso said the would-be affected marketers have expressed worries over the planned demolition of their premises without any compensation plan by the government.

The IPMAN leadership said it was in full support of Soludo’s infrastructure transformation agenda, including the flyover project, because of its attendant benefit but pleaded that its members should not be thrown out of business and livelihood activities.

He said the earmarked outlets, included Matino Oil, Ngozi Petroleum, both on Orlu Road, Ekwulobia, Pap Oil, Evkkins Oil, Ernmaco Petroleum, Narco Oil and NIPCO, all stationed along Awka Road, Ekwulobia.

Maduka College Advert

Others are, the Jolet Oil, Best Abino Oil, God’s Decision Oil and Hachele Petrogas, all stationed along Igboukwu Road, Ekwulobia, and Narco Oil, and God’s Decision Oil, along Oko Road, Ekwulobia.

According to IPMAN, “our members in Ekwulobia Axis have made official reports to our NEC through the Zonal office in respect of the proposed Ekwulobia flyover which will adversely affect their means of livelihood.

“About 13 of their operational filling stations with current documents have been marked out for demolition.

“As a body, we appreciate every move towards infrastructural development and applaud the giant strides of the governor in that respect.

“But we also want you to understand that most of our members that are affected by the proposed project rely heavily on those outlets as their means of survival and sustenance to their families and other dependants,” he said.

IPMAN said it would like to meet with the governor on a scheduled date for discussion on how to resettle the displaced members.

Meanwhile, the Anambra government has said that the construction of Ekwulobia flyover had been awarded and would soon commence.

An official statement which was signed by Mr Paul Nwosu, Commissioner for Information, said people whose properties and shops were on the right of way of the flyover or encroached into the road corridor should vacate.

“Owners of such properties and shops are hereby advised to begin to dismantle their structures and evacuate their valuables immediately as agreed in the last stakeholders’ meeting,” it said. (NAN)

News

Tinubu unveils APC presidential campaign council, appoints self as chairman

Published

on

P Shettima and President Tinubu
Spread the love

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has released a list of members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council.

The list was released in a statement by Bayo Onanuga, Special Adviser to the President (Information and Strategy), on Saturday.
He noted that members of the APC Presidential Campaign Council (has been) constituted; Abdulaziz Yari to serve as DG, Uzodimma secretary President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima will serve as chairman and vice chairman, respectively.

APC National Secretary, Ajibola Bashiru, and Hadiza Bala-Usman will serve as Deputy Secretary and Assistant Secretary respectively.
According to the statement, “The Chairman of the Campaign Council, President Tinubu, will work with a body of advisers comprising Chief Bisi Akande, Chief Segun Osoba, Senator Rochas Okorocha, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, and Senator Florence Ita Giwa.’

The statement further read: “Senate President Godswill Akpabio, Speaker Tajudeen Abbas, and Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State have been assigned as Deputy Directors-General for the campaign in the South and the North. They will work with Senator Bamidele Opeyemi and Senator Jibril Barau in the two zones.

“Senator Adams Oshiomhole will serve as Deputy Director-General in charge of mobilisation, while the President’s Chief of Staff will serve as Deputy Director-General for Administration.
“James Abiodun Faleke, who played a pivotal role in the 2022/2023 campaign, has returned as Deputy Director-General for Election Planning, Coordination and Monitoring.

Maduka College Advert

“Faleke will work with zonal directors, with Senator Olushola Adeyeye in the South-West, Dr Ngozi Olejeme in the South-South, Senator Uche Ekwunife in the South-East, Muntaqha Rabe in the North-West, Ahmed Muhammed Ketso in the North-Central, and Senator Sani Danladi in the North-East.

“Ms Stella Okotete, Engineer Abdullahi Garba Ramat and Audu Maikori will serve as Secretaries of the Election Planning Directorate.

“Muiz Adeyemi Banire will lead the Legal Directorate as Director, with Dr Liman Hassan and Babatunde Ogala as deputies. Other members are Prince Lateef Fagbemi, former Governor Ibrahim Shema, Worgu Boms and Dr Kingsley Tochukwu Udeh.

“The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris Malagi, will serve as the Coordinating Director for Media and Strategic Communication, along with Dele Alake, Bayo Onanuga, and Lanre Issa-Onilu.
“The Media Directorate also includes Tunde Rahman, Sunday Dare, Daniel Bwala, and Felix Morka, who have been assigned as Coordinating Deputy Directors.

“As we march into the campaign season, we have many achievements to trumpet—let us confidently showcase our record and inspire hope in every corner of our nation. Let us soundly defeat all those forces who plan to take our country backwards.”

Continue Reading

News

APC Chairman slumps, dies during reconciliation meeting in Kogi

Published

on

Late Oyewole Mayowa Solomom
Spread the love

The All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State was thrown into deep mourning on Friday following the sudden death of its local government chairman, Oyewole Mayowa Solomon.

Solomon reportedly slumped during a peace and reconciliation meeting held at the Iyara Town Hall, the administrative headquarters of the local government area.

According to participants, the meeting was in progress when the late party leader suddenly collapsed, causing instant confusion, panic, and devastation among the political leaders and delegates in attendance.

Efforts were made immediately to resuscitate him before he was rushed to a medical facility in neighboring Kabba.

Unfortunately, he was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival at the hospital.

Maduka College Advert

Reports said the peace meeting was convened by Funsho Olumoko, a former chairman of the Ijumu Local Government Area who was recently tasked by the Ijumu Consultative Forum to harmonize political interests within the region.

The session aimed to reconcile factions, resolve internal disputes, and foster unity among stakeholders ahead of future political engagements.

The peace initiative followed an earlier meeting in Iyara where APC stakeholders endorsed President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Kogi State Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo for second terms.

However, the previous initiative had experienced visible friction over local government leadership, culminating in a walkout by the deceased and several top government functionaries.

Friday’s follow-up meeting was meant to bridge those divides, bringing together selected political leaders, local government and ward executives, women and youth leaders, and government appointees representing all 15 wards of Ijumu LGA.

However, the sudden passing of Solomon has delivered a major shockwave to the political landscape in Kogi West, casting a heavy shadow over ongoing efforts to unify party ranks ahead of the 2027 general elections.

As of press time, the exact cause of his death has not been officially disclosed, just as no formal statement has been received from the APC state executive and local authorities on the development ..

Continue Reading

News

Another fake agency uncovered, FG suspends three perm secs, orders arrest

Published

on

Tinubu scraps Ministries of Niger Delta, Sports
President Bola Tinubu
Spread the love

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the suspension of three permanent secretaries over the discovery of another fake agency operating within the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

The affected PS are M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah.

The President also ordered the arrest of one George Buchi Nwabueze.

Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Dr Musa Aliyu, SAN, disclosed this to State House correspondents on Friday after briefing the President for the second time in two days, following an earlier meeting on Thursday.The

Aliyu said the newly uncovered fake office, operating under the name “National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office,” had been illegally allocated office space within the premises of the OSGF, contrary to extant laws and without presidential authorisation.

Maduka College Advert

He said the discovery emerged in the course of the commission’s broader investigation, as earlier directed by the President.

The ICPC boss identified the promoter of the fake office as one George Nwabueze, who was said to be operating under multiple aliases.

“The fake agency office, National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, was promoted by one George Buchi Nwabueze, with active suspected collaborators in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, contrary to extant laws and without authorisation of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“The promoter was discovered to also operate under four other variations of his name: George Nathan, George Nathan Nwabueze, Honourable George Buchi Nwabueze, Prince George Buchi Nwabueze and George Nwabueze,” Aliyu said.

He revealed that the ICPC had engaged the OSGF to ascertain vital information relating to the fake office under investigation, and had comprehensively briefed the President on the new developments.

“I have briefed Mr President comprehensively on these new developments. ICPC will continue with its investigations accordingly,” he said.

Aliyu said following the discovery, “Mr President has directed as follows: the immediate arrest of Prince George Buchi Nwabueze; the immediate suspension of the following permanent secretaries; M.S. Danjuma, Nadungu Gagare, and Richard P. Pheelangwah,” he said.

Friday’s development is the latest in a scandal that began with the exposure of the fictitious Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council, whose self-styled Director-General, Adeniyi Adeyemi, is currently facing prosecution on charges of forgery and impersonation.

The ICPC’s interim report, submitted to the President on August 6 after a 30-day investigation, had earlier disclosed the existence of two other fictitious bodies, the FCT Investment Promotion Agency and the Foreign Investment Promotion Agency and Public-Private Partnership.

The National Brands Development and Made-in-Nigeria Special Project Office is the fourth fake agency uncovered after the PFIFC scandal since early April.

Continue Reading

Trending

Maduka College Advert