
News
Alleged N2.5b fraud: Court Orders substituted service on Enugu APC Chairman, Agballah, Guber candidate
• Orders executed Wednesday
An Enugu State High Court on Wednesday ordered a substituted service on the chairman of the Enugu State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Ugochukwu Agballah and the governorship candidate, Chief Uche Nnaji, in a lawsuit by the Leader of the Concerned Enugu APC Members, Comrade Adolphus Ude, seeking an order of court compelling the duo to account for N2.5 billion party funds allegedly embezzled by them
The Court also ordered a substituted service on Ugochukwu Agballah in another suit instituted by Comrade Ude seeking to perpetually restrain Agballah from parading himself as the chairman of the APC in Enugu State.
The orders were made by Justice Kenneth Okpe following applications for substituted service by the plaintiff, Comrade Udeh. The plaintiff’s counsel, Iyobosa Izevbigie, told the trial judge that whereas the other defendant in the suits, APC, was served on February 16, 2023, all attempts to serve Ugochukwu Agballah and Uche Nnaji proved abortive as they allegedly evaded service.
The court therefore ordered for both men to be served by pasting the court processes at the APC secretariat located at No. 80 Nza Street, Independence Layout, Enugu.

The orders were also executed on Wednesday.
It is recalled that Comrade Ude, who was also the Chairman of Mainstream Enugu APC, had dragged Ugochukwu Agballah and Chief Uche Nnaji before the court in Suit No. E/47/2023 over alleged misappropriation of N786 million, which he said the state chapter of the party realised from sale of Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms.
Ude also alleged that the APC, Enugu State, realised an additional estimated sum of $1.5 million from consultations and logistics from Presidential aspirants during the 2022 presidential primaries, but which he said were expropriated by Agballah and Nnaji.
Ude is therefore seeking an order of court compelling them to render and publish a detailed account of the use and proof of disbursement of the said funds.
But in in Suit No. E/74/2023 before the same judge, Comrade Ude is seeking an order of perpetual injunction restraining Ugochukwu Agballah from parading himself as the chairman of the Enugu State Chapter of the APC.
“By a letter dated 19 August 2022, the 2nd Defendant’s ward, the Udi/Agbudu Ward in Udi Local Government Area suspended the 2nd Defendant from being a member of the Ward and expelled him from the Ward and debarred him from holding Party Office in APC.
“The effect of the suspension and expulsion from his ward was that the Agballah ceased to be a member of the APC with effect from the date of the letter and thus lost the right and privilege to hold any office in the Party or to participate in any of the activities of the Party”, he stated.
He however told the court that Agballah continued to “parade himself as the Chairman of APC, Enugu State and to meddle in the affairs of the Party with impunity and without authority” in spite of his suspension and expulsion from the party.
News
Troops foil mass abduction attempt, rescue nine civilians
Troops of Joint Task Force North West Operation FANSAN YAMMA (JTF NW OPFY) foiled an attempted mass abduction by terrorists in Unguwar Rogo Village, Kaura Namoda Local Government Area of Zamfara State, rescuing nine civilians, including an infant.
The incident occurred on 16 August 2026, when troops received a distress call that terrorists, believed to be led by suspected kingpin Mallam Shuaibu, had infiltrated the community and attacked civilians travelling along a local route.
Preliminary intelligence indicates that the attack may have been carried out in reprisal for the recent arrest of suspected collaborators linked to the terrorist network. The suspects had earlier been intercepted by troops while attempting to procure motorcycles and Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) in support of the terrorists’ activities.
In an apparent attempt to retaliate and abduct civilians, the terrorists concealed themselves within a millet farm along the route and opened fire on passing vehicles, causing some drivers to lose control and veer off the road.
Responding swiftly to the distress call, troops of Sector 2 moved to the area and decisively engaged the terrorists, denying them the opportunity to carry out the abduction. Faced with the troops’ superior response, the terrorists abandoned their mission and fled into the surrounding forest.

Following the engagement, troops rescued nine civilians, including an infant. Two women who sustained gunshot wounds during the terrorists’ attack were promptly evacuated for medical attention and are currently receiving treatment.
Operation FANSAN YAMMA remains resolute in its determination to deny terrorists and other criminal elements the freedom to attack innocent citizens. The Joint Task Force will continue to sustain pressure on terrorist networks while taking all necessary measures to protect lives and restore lasting peace and security across the North West region.
News
Edo Assembly Speaker Blessing Agbebaku resigns
The Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Blessing Agbebaku, has reportedly stepped down from his position.
His resignation came as reports emerged that some lawmakers were working on plans to impeach him from the speakership.
Agbebaku became Speaker of the 8th Edo State House of Assembly in June 2023 after lawmakers elected him to lead the chamber.
The former Speaker was originally
elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
However, he later moved to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2025, joining other political figures who changed parties as political alignments in Edo continued to change.

His reported resignation comes as political activities begin to build ahead of the 2027 general elections.
The development is likely to lead to new discussions among lawmakers and political leaders over who will take over the leadership of the Assembly.
The resignation could also affect the balance of power within the House, especially as lawmakers consider the next person to lead the chamber.
Members of the Assembly are expected to meet and take the necessary steps toward filling the vacant Speaker position.
The reason behind Agbebaku’s decision to leave office has not been made public.
It is also not yet clear whether his resignation is connected to recent political developments within the state or other issues involving the Assembly.
More information is expected to emerge as lawmakers react to the development and begin discussions on the next leadership of the Edo State House of Assembly.
News
Sheikh Jingir: Christianity not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria — Pastor Enenche
• Says security agencies must act against provocative religious remarks
Senior Pastor of Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Pastor Paul Enenche, has declared that Christianity is not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria, while condemning comments linked to Islamic cleric Sheikh Yahya Jingir.
Speaking during the church’s Sunday service at its headquarters in Abuja, Enenche reacted strongly to the controversy generated by Jingir’s recent remarks, insisting that Christians could not be regarded as inferior to adherents of any other faith in the country.
The cleric described the suggestion that Christianity was secondary to another religion as unacceptable, arguing that Christians are present in large numbers across every part of Nigeria.
Enenche also warned against taking the Christian community for granted, maintaining that the church remains a significant force in the nation.
He criticised security agencies for failing to invite Islamic cleric, Sheikh Muhammad Jingir, over his recent comments advocating a Muslim-Muslim political arrangement in Nigeria.

According to Enenche, security agencies should have acted against statements capable of provoking religious tension and violence in the country.
The pastor described as unacceptable the suggestion that Christianity should be regarded as subordinate to any other religion in Nigeria, insisting that Christians constitute a significant part of the country’s population.
He said, “Christianity is not secondary, and no group of religious fanatics will ever make it secondary. Not you, not any political group of people will ever make Christianity secondary to any.”
Enenche also questioned why security agencies had not invited the cleric for questioning over his comments, arguing that allowing individuals to make what he described as reckless statements without consequence could threaten national peace.
He said, “I blame security forces for allowing people to make reckless statements. You allow them still moving on the road, allow them still moving, not knowing that such a statement can incite instant violence.”
The pastor added that authorities should have taken steps to establish whether the comments could incite violence, rather than allowing the speaker to continue making such statements publicly.
“People are messing up and destroying the nation; they are walking free of charge, and they are talking,” he said.
Enenche further warned against taking the Christian community for granted, saying Christians had remained calm despite what he described as provocative statements.
“Nobody should take the church in this nation for granted. Don’t take the church for granted,” he said.
His comments followed controversy generated by the Chairman of the Ulama Council of Jama’atu Izalatil Bid’ah Wa’ikamatis Sunnah, Sheikh Muhammad Jingir, who recently advocated the continued adoption of a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket.
Jingir had, at a special wedding reception organised by the Kano State Government for 1,500 couples whose weddings it sponsored, urged Muslims to vote in a manner that would demonstrate their numerical strength.
Amid reactions to his comments, Jingir told the BBC that he had no regret over his advocacy for a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket, stressing that he had held the position long before the administration of President Bola Tinubu.
The comments have attracted reactions from various quarters, including the National Coordinator of the Obidient Movement Worldwide, Yunusa Tanko, and Nigeria’s Ambassador-designate to South Africa, Femi Fani-Kayode.
-
News3 days agoBREAKING: Adeleke wins 19 LGs, APC’s Oyebamiji secures 11 LGs
-
News2 days agoSheikh Jingir: Christianity not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria — Pastor Enenche
-
Politics3 days agoOsun: The mourning after By Festus Adedayo
-
News3 days agoBREAKING: INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov election
-
News2 days agoWanted banditry kingpin, Ado Aleru, attends fresh ‘peace talks’ with Katsina community residents
-
News3 days agoOsun: When the people stand, democracy wins, says Obi, congratulates Adeleke
-
News3 days ago‘Tinubu has called me, congratulated me,’ Adeleke says after Osun Re-election Victory
-
News2 days agoEdo Assembly Speaker Blessing Agbebaku resigns




