
News
Chrisland: My daughter died of electrocution, father claims
The father of the 12-year-old Chrisland International School student, Whitney Adeniran, who allegedly died during the school inter-house sports events in Lagos has said his daughter died of electrocution.
Dr. Michael Adeniran made the claim in an interview with the BBC Pidgin on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the school management in a statement on Sunday said the deceased slumped in “public view and not under any hidden circumstances,” adding that she was rushed to the nearest medical facility for first aid.
“Our immediate response was to take advantage of proximity to first aid, by identifying the nearest medical facility to take her to, where the doctor on duty, administered oxygen and every aid possible on her,” the school added.
This came after a viral video showing Whitney’s mother calling for justice and asking Chrisland to explain what happened to her daughter.

Whitney’s father had taken to social media on Saturday night to demand probe into the death of his daughter, calling on the Lagos State Government and the police to intervene in the matter.
He also demanded that Chrisland should explain what actually happened to his daughter, adding that she had no health condition or sickness as of the time the school bus picked her up for the event.
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, while confirming the incident said, “The matter was reported to the police immediately after the incident occurred.
“The case is presently at the State Criminal Investigation Department and an autopsy is going to be carried out to know the circumstances that led to her death. That’s all the update I have for now.”
Speaking on Sunday, Whitney’s father claimed her daughter “died from naked wire from one cotton candy vendor machine after she touched it and she was electrocuted immediately she leaned on it.”
He claimed water was poured on her which allegedly killed her immediately.
“I have documented evidence that my child died from electrocution and it was not Cardiac arrest,” he said.
“She was hale and hearty, she was not sick. And let me state it clearly, by the time I saw her corpse, her lips and tongue had already turned black,” Adeniran told BBC Pidgin.
Adeniran said his daughter’s school mates told his family that his daughter allegedly died from electrocution, saying he got the information from a chat group his daughter belonged.
The PUNCH reports that a voice note suspected to be that of a pupil who witnessed the tragic incident has gone viral, where it was said that Whitney stepped on a naked wire from a candy cotton machine.
PUNCH
News
Edo Assembly Speaker Blessing Agbebaku resigns
The Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Blessing Agbebaku, has reportedly stepped down from his position.
His resignation came as reports emerged that some lawmakers were working on plans to impeach him from the speakership.
Agbebaku became Speaker of the 8th Edo State House of Assembly in June 2023 after lawmakers elected him to lead the chamber.
The former Speaker was originally
elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
However, he later moved to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2025, joining other political figures who changed parties as political alignments in Edo continued to change.

His reported resignation comes as political activities begin to build ahead of the 2027 general elections.
The development is likely to lead to new discussions among lawmakers and political leaders over who will take over the leadership of the Assembly.
The resignation could also affect the balance of power within the House, especially as lawmakers consider the next person to lead the chamber.
Members of the Assembly are expected to meet and take the necessary steps toward filling the vacant Speaker position.
The reason behind Agbebaku’s decision to leave office has not been made public.
It is also not yet clear whether his resignation is connected to recent political developments within the state or other issues involving the Assembly.
More information is expected to emerge as lawmakers react to the development and begin discussions on the next leadership of the Edo State House of Assembly.
News
Sheikh Jingir: Christianity not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria — Pastor Enenche
• Says security agencies must act against provocative religious remarks
Senior Pastor of Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Pastor Paul Enenche, has declared that Christianity is not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria, while condemning comments linked to Islamic cleric Sheikh Yahya Jingir.
Speaking during the church’s Sunday service at its headquarters in Abuja, Enenche reacted strongly to the controversy generated by Jingir’s recent remarks, insisting that Christians could not be regarded as inferior to adherents of any other faith in the country.
The cleric described the suggestion that Christianity was secondary to another religion as unacceptable, arguing that Christians are present in large numbers across every part of Nigeria.
Enenche also warned against taking the Christian community for granted, maintaining that the church remains a significant force in the nation.
He criticised security agencies for failing to invite Islamic cleric, Sheikh Muhammad Jingir, over his recent comments advocating a Muslim-Muslim political arrangement in Nigeria.

According to Enenche, security agencies should have acted against statements capable of provoking religious tension and violence in the country.
The pastor described as unacceptable the suggestion that Christianity should be regarded as subordinate to any other religion in Nigeria, insisting that Christians constitute a significant part of the country’s population.
He said, “Christianity is not secondary, and no group of religious fanatics will ever make it secondary. Not you, not any political group of people will ever make Christianity secondary to any.”
Enenche also questioned why security agencies had not invited the cleric for questioning over his comments, arguing that allowing individuals to make what he described as reckless statements without consequence could threaten national peace.
He said, “I blame security forces for allowing people to make reckless statements. You allow them still moving on the road, allow them still moving, not knowing that such a statement can incite instant violence.”
The pastor added that authorities should have taken steps to establish whether the comments could incite violence, rather than allowing the speaker to continue making such statements publicly.
“People are messing up and destroying the nation; they are walking free of charge, and they are talking,” he said.
Enenche further warned against taking the Christian community for granted, saying Christians had remained calm despite what he described as provocative statements.
“Nobody should take the church in this nation for granted. Don’t take the church for granted,” he said.
His comments followed controversy generated by the Chairman of the Ulama Council of Jama’atu Izalatil Bid’ah Wa’ikamatis Sunnah, Sheikh Muhammad Jingir, who recently advocated the continued adoption of a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket.
Jingir had, at a special wedding reception organised by the Kano State Government for 1,500 couples whose weddings it sponsored, urged Muslims to vote in a manner that would demonstrate their numerical strength.
Amid reactions to his comments, Jingir told the BBC that he had no regret over his advocacy for a Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket, stressing that he had held the position long before the administration of President Bola Tinubu.
The comments have attracted reactions from various quarters, including the National Coordinator of the Obidient Movement Worldwide, Yunusa Tanko, and Nigeria’s Ambassador-designate to South Africa, Femi Fani-Kayode.
News
Wanted banditry kingpin, Ado Aleru, attends fresh ‘peace talks’ with Katsina community residents
Notorious wanted bandit kingpin, Ado Aleru, has once again surfaced publicly, attending fresh peace talks with residents of Kankara Local Government Area in Katsina State.
The meeting marks another round of dialogue between communities terrorised by banditry and the armed groups that have plagued Nigeria’s North-West region for years.
Aleru is a wanted criminal on Nigerian security forces’ list, with a ₦5 million bounty on his head. Despite this, he has repeatedly appeared at peace meetings across Katsina State.
During the latest meeting, Aleru reportedly explained why previous peace efforts failed to bring lasting peace. His appearance has raised serious questions about whether these agreements can actually work.
The peace talks come just days after Aleru suffered a major blow in a military encounter at Doma village, Katsina State. Reports indicate:· His son was killed along with eight other family members· About 30 motorcycles belonging to his network were destroyed· The losses have significantly weakened his criminal network’s strength and mobility.

This is not Aleru’s first peace meeting. He previously attended talks in:· June 2025 – Danmusa LGA, Katsina State·
September 2025 – Faskari LGA, where he vowed to embrace peace·
October 2025 – Kakumi village, where a peace accord was signed
In September 2025, Aleru said he had previously withdrawn from peace efforts after his son was arrested, calling the arrest “unjust”.
Aleru’s participation in peace talks despite being wanted has sparked heated debate:Supporters of dialogue argue that negotiations can reduce attacks and help communities return to normal life.
Critics warn that agreements with armed groups often collapse, pointing to continued attacks linked to Aleru’s network even after previous peace deals.
Adding to the controversy, Aleru was previously given a traditional title in Zamfara State during the administration of former Governor Bello Matawalle, who is now Nigeria’s Minister of State for Defence.
Katsina State is one of several North-Western states hit hard by banditry, with killings, kidnappings, and displacement affecting countless communities. The fresh peace talks in Kankara show that some communities are still willing to negotiate – even with wanted kingpins like Ado Aleru.
-
News3 days agoPolice confirm release of abducted Jezco Chairman, Ezeokafor, Rev Sister
-
News2 days agoBREAKING: Adeleke wins 19 LGs, APC’s Oyebamiji secures 11 LGs
-
News2 days agoKidnapping: My life in captivity — Justice Bunza
-
News2 days agoRigging Attempt: Police aiding APC to intimidate voters in Osun — Adeleke
-
Politics3 days agoOsun Election: APC, Accord wage N20,000-per-vote war
-
Politics2 days agoOsun: The mourning after By Festus Adedayo
-
News2 days agoBREAKING: INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov election
-
News19 hours agoSheikh Jingir: Christianity not subordinate to any religion in Nigeria — Pastor Enenche




