
News
Three females beheaded in Enugu
Three persons, all females, were beheaded in Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu State, the state police command confirmed on Sunday.
The incidents occurred at two different communities of the LGA.
According to the police, the incidents involved the alleged murder of a mother by her son, and the alleged murder of a woman and her child by the woman’s brother.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Daniel Ndukwe, in a release, explained that the first incident occurred st Nkporogwu Ukehe Community.
Ndukwe stated that, “In the first incident, police operatives attached to the Igbo-Etiti Division, at about 3:10pm, responded to a report alleging that one Anikwe Onyebuchi (male, aged about 40) used a cutlass to behead his 60-year-old mother, Anikwe Felicia, at Nkporogwu Ukehe Community.”
Ndukwe said the corpse and the severed head of the deceased were recovered and taken to the hospital, where doctors confirmed her dead, after which the remains were deposited in the mortuary for preservation and autopsy.

“The suspect was subsequently rescued and rearrested from an angry mob that had severely beaten him and was taken to hospital for medical treatment,” Ndukwe said, adding that “A full-scale investigation into the incident has commenced.”
In a similar vein, the state police command, responding to a distress call, arrested one Joshua Eze for allegedly murdering his sister and her daughter. The suspect was apprehended by the Command’s Distress Response Squad stationed at Ekwegbe Junction along the Ugwuagu/Opi/Nsukka Road, it was learnt.
The police spokesman said, “At about 3:18pm on the same, police operatives responded to a distress call alleging that one Joshua Eze (male) similarly used a cutlass to sever the heads of his sister, Nwabuche Eze, and her little daughter, Favour Eze, at Agu-Ekwegbe Community in the same Igbo-Etiti LGA. The remains of the deceased victims were recovered and taken to the hospital, where doctors confirmed them dead, after which the corpses were deposited in the mortuary for preservation and autopsy.”
He added that the police operatives also rescued the suspect from an angry mob in a critical condition and taken to the hospital, where doctors later confirmed him dead.
He stated that preliminary investigations revealed that after allegedly murdering the victims, he buried their remains in a shallow grave alongside a dead white cock, suggesting possible ritual intentions.
Meanwhile, the state Commissioner of Police, CP Bitrus Giwa, has condemned the act, and ordered the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the State CID to immediately commence comprehensive investigations to ascertain the circumstances surrounding both incidents and ensure necessary investigative actions.
He urged members of the public to refrain from taking laws into their hands by resorting to jungle justice, regardless of the provocation, and “instead promptly report criminal suspects to the police or other lawful authorities for appropriate action.”

News
Hoodlums rape Lagos grandmother to death
Residents of Oke Egan in the Ilogbo-Eremi area of Badagry, Lagos State, were thrown into shock on Friday after the body of a sexagenarian woman, Victoria Adegoke, was found abandoned in a nearby bush.
The deceased was allegedly found naked and was suspected of having been raped and strangled before her body was dragged into the bush.
One of the photographs obtained by PUNCH Metro on Sunday showed what appeared to be marks indicating that the victim’s hands had been tied by her assailants.
A community leader, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the incident, said Adegoke, believed to be in her 60s and a grandmother, was found around 6:10am on Friday.
He told our correspondent that the deceased had attended a programme at The Joy of Christ Ministry, popularly known as Ayo Jesu Church.
According to the source, Adegoke was allegedly ambushed by some hoodlums while returning home in the early hours of the day.

“The deceased is someone I know. Her daughter stays abroad. She went to church last Tuesday and had been there for some time because they were holding a programme that ended four days ago.
“She later stayed with one of her siblings who lives close to the church. It was while she was returning home around six in the morning that she was reportedly attacked.
“The suspects removed her clothes and underwear. They strangled her and also took her phone. Her ATM card and Bible were found at the scene,” the source said.
Another resident who identified himself only as Adeola described the incident as shocking, questioning why an elderly woman would be subjected to such brutality.
“She should be between 65 and 68 years old. Passersby found her body inside the bush and reported the matter at the police post in Ilogbo-Eremi.
“The police are aware of the incident and should be able to track the assailants through the woman’s stolen phone,” the resident said.
A community member, who also requested anonymity for fear of attack, described the area of the incident as notorious for violent crimes.
“The community is along the boundary between Lagos and Ogun states and is known for criminal activities. This is not the first time such a crime has happened here.
In fact, this would be about the fourth such incident reported in the area.
“The place is prone to violence, so people have to be careful. She was a grandmother, not a young woman. She was found naked, and it was when the police arrived that her body was covered. Her pants had been removed, which suggested she was raped,” the source added.
When contacted on Sunday, the spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, CSP Abimbola Adebisi, did not respond to calls or a WhatsApp message sent to his line at the time of this report.
This is not the first time a disturbing incident has been reported in Badagry. In November 2025, the corpse of an unidentified man was discovered in front of a filling station in the Seme area of the town.
The discovery was first reported by CityMood Badagry, a local social media news platform.
The deceased was found lying face-up, wearing what appeared to be a white top with black stripes, with parts of his chest and neck visibly exposed.

News
I regret trusting my community elders,’ says Cubana Chief Priest after primary election defeat
Pascal Okechukwu, popularly known as Cubana Chief Priest, has reacted to his defeat in the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat in Imo State.
The celebrity businessman, who serves as the Imo State Coordinator of the City Boys Movement, had sought the APC ticket to contest for a seat in the House of Representatives.
Reacting after the outcome of the primary election in a viral video, Cubana Chief Priest said he had no regrets contesting for the position. Still, he expressed disappointment over what he described as misplaced trust in community elders.
“I’m a hustler, and I didn’t regret trying to contest for a position. My only regret was trusting the elders in the community. I know how much I gave them, but only 14 people voted for me in the primary,” he said.
Cubana Chief Priest had announced his political ambition earlier this year, advocating for what he described as cleaner and issue-based political participation driven by young Nigerians.
Following his defeat, reactions trailed the outcome on social media, with some users mocking the businessman and suggesting he may have underestimated the dynamics of Nigerian politics.

However, Ossai Ovie Success defended him against online criticism.
“Why are people mocking Cubana Chief Priest? Not nice… it’s ok to try and try again,” he wrote on Facebook.
“He lost an election and so what? I am disappointed,” he added.

News
Peter Obi mourns 17 police officers killed in Yobe deadly terror ambush
Former Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has expressed deep sorrow over the killing of security personnel during a recent terrorist attack on a military school in Yobe State, describing the deaths as a painful national tragedy.
In a statement issued on Saturday, Obi extended condolences to the leadership of the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Police following the reported death of 17 police officers and an unspecified number of soldiers during the attack.
“I extend my sincerest condolences to the High Command and Leadership of the Nigerian Military and the Police over the tragic loss of our courageous officers,” Obi said.
“It is with deep sadness that I acknowledge the heartbreaking death of 17 brave police officers, alongside an unspecified number of soldiers, who made the ultimate sacrifice during the recent terrorist attack on a military school in Yobe State.”
The former Anambra State governor said the nation must stand in solidarity with the military, police authorities, and the families of the slain officers.
“At this moment of profound sorrow, the entire nation stands in solidarity with the leadership of the Armed Forces, the Police, the affected commands, and the wider security community,” he stated.

Obi stressed that the continuous loss of security personnel and innocent civilians should not be treated as routine, warning that insecurity must be confronted with urgency and sincerity.
“Every security personnel killed is a tragedy to our nation. Every fallen officer represents a family thrown into grief, children left without parents, and communities robbed of those sworn to protect them,” he said.
He called on the Federal Government to prioritise the welfare of families of fallen officers through adequate compensation and long-term support.
“The Federal Government must ensure adequate compensation, support, and long-term welfare for the families of all those who paid the supreme price in service to our nation,” Obi added.
The Labour Party chieftain further urged authorities to adopt decisive and strategic measures to tackle insecurity across the country.
“A nation cannot continue to normalise the killing of its security personnel and innocent citizens without urgent, decisive, and strategic action. We must confront insecurity with sincerity, professionalism, and the political will necessary to protect lives and restore public confidence,” he stated.
Obi also sympathised with the bereaved families, assuring them that the sacrifices of the slain officers would not be forgotten.
“To the families of the fallen heroes, I offer my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies. We mourn with you, and we honour the courage and sacrifice of your loved ones. May their souls rest in eternal peace,” he said.

-
News3 days agoJAMB announces date for change of institution, result printing
-
News1 day agoEnugu 2027: Civil society group kicks against Nnaji clearance
-
News2 days agoBREAKING: US, Nigerian Forces kill ISIS Commander in Nigeria, Says Trump
-
Cubana Chief Priest (right)
Cubana Chief Priest (right)News2 days agoCubana Chief Priest loses APC House of Reps ticket
-
News2 days agoU.S.-based Nigerian jailed 115 months for money laundering, romance scam
-
News3 days agoTeacher shot, Principal and students kidnapped as gunmen storm Oyo schoolP
-
News3 days agoWhy Tinubu almost sacked me as chief of staff – Gbajabiamila
-
News1 day agoI regret trusting my community elders,’ says Cubana Chief Priest after primary election defeat




