
News
Two female lawmakers, Comfort, Omotayo elected for Kogi House of Assembly
Two female candidates have been declared winners of the just concluded House of Assembly elections in Kogi.
The two female candidates; Mrs Comfort Nwuchola Egwuaba and Mrs Omotayo Adeleye-Ishayain won Ibaji and Ijumu State Constituency seats respectively.
Both Nwuchola and Adeleye-Ishaya were candidates of All Progressives Congress (APC), and were also first female to represent their respective constituencies in Kogi Assembly.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), on Sunday at Onyedega, declared Mrs Egwuaba winner of the Ibaji Constituency seat having polled 7,718 to defeat her closest rival Peter Egwuda of the New Nigeria People’s Party, NNPP, who garnered 6,737.
Dr Suleman Danubia, the INEC Returning Officer for the Local Government, who declared the result after collation of votes from the ten electoral wards in Ibaji LGA, said the candidate of PDP, Anana Collins Oji polled 4,630 votes to come third.

In Ijumu, Omotayo Adeleye-Ishaya was declared the winner of the State House of Assembly election.
The Ijumu Local Government Returning Officer, Mrs Grace Abalaka Haruna, at the result Collation centre in Iyara, said the APC candidate scored a total of 8,568 votes.
The Returning officer added that the candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Alaga Tokunbo, polled 3,899 while the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate got 2648 votes.
The next Assembly will be the first time Kogi House of Assembly will have two female lawmakers making laws for the people.
Meanwhile, the people of Ibaji who are still recovering from the devastation caused by flood in the area last year, on Sunday, trooped out to the streets to celebrate Egwuaba’s victory.
Ibaji people both at home and in the diaspora also took to the social media on Sunday applauding the victory of the lawmaker-elect.
They described her victory, despite a stiff opposition by some stakeholders in her party and the local government, as well-deserved.
They tasked her to ensure quality representation of the constituency to ameliorate the plights of the people who suffer from absence of basic infrastructure.
News
‘How fake federal agency tricked us’ – Anambra govt
Details have emerged on how the Anambra State government got involved with the fake federal agency domiciled in the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF.
The agency was said to be planning to organize a Made in Nigeria fair in the state after the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Mrs Chiamaka Nnake, was made the focal person for Anambra State.
However, following the discovery by the ICPC that the agency is fake, the Anambra SSG lamented that the agency tricked the state government into hosting its maiden Made in Nigeria fair in Anambra in December.
In a statement titled, ‘CLARIFICATION ON THE “MADE-IN-NIGERIA AGENCY AND MY ROLE AS STATE FOCAL PERSON, Nnake said: “I wish to clarify the circumstances surrounding the trending news concerning the purported “Made-in-Nigeria Agency,” in which my photograph has been displayed and I have been identified as one of the state coordinators.
“In January 2026, the Governor received a letter from the Made-in-Nigeria Office, said to be under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, requesting the nomination of a State Focal Person. In response, the Governor, in February 2026, nominated me as the State Focal Person for Anambra State.

“Following the nominations, Focal Persons from the 36 states have been in a WhatsApp group engaging on issues relating to the activities of the office.
“More recently, the same office wrote to the State requesting that Anambra host the South East Made-in-Nigeria Fair. The request was approved, and an inaugural meeting was held about two weeks ago, with the National Coordinator in attendance.
“Since then, the State Committee has been working on preparations for the Fair, which is scheduled to take place from 2nd – 5th December 2026.
“Beyond these official interactions and engagements, I have no knowledge of, involvement in, or connection with any other activities, claims, or developments attributed to the said office.
“I therefore wish to make it clear that anything beyond the above-mentioned official interactions is entirely outside my knowledge and involvement”.
News
Atiku breaks silence on FBI’s refusal to make Tinubu records public
Presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Atiku Abubakar, has reacted to the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation’s refusal to publicly release certain records relating to President Bola Tinubu, arguing that citing “danger to lives” cannot justify withholding potentially disclosable information from public scrutiny.
The FBI had filed a motion seeking permission to submit ex parte and in camera declarations explaining why it withheld some investigative records concerning allegations of drug trafficking involving Tinubu.
In an application dated August 20, the agency told the US District Court for the District of Columbia that it could not publicly disclose all the reasons for withholding certain records, hence its request to make the declarations privately before the court.
Reacting in a statement issued on Saturday in Abuja by his Senior Special Assistant on Public Communication, Phrank Shaibu, Atiku questioned the FBI’s justification for secrecy, arguing that Nigerians were already bearing the consequences of the government’s economic policies.
“The FBI says disclosure could endanger lives. Which lives? Nigerians are already dying,” he said.

Atiku linked the hardship to the removal of fuel subsidy, arguing that the policy had triggered increases in transportation costs, food prices and production expenses while putting pressure on jobs and household incomes.
“Fuel affects transportation. Transportation affects food prices. Energy affects production. Production affects jobs. All of them determine whether an ordinary Nigerian family can survive until the end of the month,” he said.
The former Vice President also reiterated his pledge to reverse the fuel subsidy removal if elected, describing his proposed approach as one that would be accountable and protected against abuse.
On the FBI records, Atiku said he was not demanding the release of sensitive information that could compromise investigations, including the identities of undercover agents, confidential sources or investigative techniques.
“Protect your agents. Protect your sources. Protect legitimate investigative methods. Redact whatever American law genuinely requires you to redact. But do not stretch those protections until they become a bulletproof vest for Tinubu,” he said.
Atiku described his position as a democratic appeal rather than an attempt to interfere in Nigeria’s internal affairs, insisting that Nigerians had a right to know the background and character of the person leading the country. (Saturday Tribune)
News
Four family members, dog die after eating Amala meal in Kogi
Four members of the same family have reportedly died after consuming amala in Ihima, Okehi Local Government Area of Kogi State.
The family’s dog was also reported to have died after consuming the same food.
Following the incident, the Kogi State Government has ordered an immediate investigation into the circumstances surrounding the deaths.
The state Commissioner for Information and Communications, Kingsley Fanwo, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday, saying the Governor of Kogi State, Ahmed Ododo, had directed the Commissioner for Health to commence a comprehensive investigation into the incident.
“The Chief Servant is deeply concerned by this tragic incident and has directed the Commissioner for Health to immediately investigate the circumstances surrounding the deaths, with particular attention to the possibility of food poisoning or food contamination.

“The investigation must establish the facts and determine whether the food consumed by the deceased was contaminated or whether any other medical or environmental factor contributed to the deaths.
“Relevant samples and available evidence should be properly examined in accordance with established public health procedures,” Fanwo quoted the governor as directing.
Fanwo said the state government was also concerned by reports that the family’s dog died after consuming the same food, adding that the development would form part of the investigation.
He said the governor had directed the Ministry of Health to work with relevant agencies and stakeholders to ensure that the investigation was thorough and that appropriate public health measures were taken based on its findings.
“The government urges members of the public to remain calm and avoid drawing conclusions about the cause of the deaths until the investigation is concluded and the facts are established by the relevant authorities,” the commissioner said.
Fanwo said the governor commiserated with the bereaved family and the people of Ihima over the incident, praying that God would grant the family the strength and comfort to bear the loss.
He assured the people of Kogi State that the government would make further information available as soon as verified facts emerge from the investigation.
-
News1 day agoAPC Chairman slumps, dies during reconciliation meeting in Kogi
-
News1 day agoEnugu ADC chairman allegedly murdered in his village
-
News1 day ago2027: Tinubu’ll relocate Nigeria’s capital to Lagos if he wins – Primate Ayodele
-
News3 days agoAlleged Drug Trafficking: Tinubu seeks 10-day delay in release of records
-
News1 day agoAnother fake agency uncovered, FG suspends three perm secs, orders arrest
-
News3 days ago40 feared dead as boat capsizes in Sokoto
-
Business3 days agoAFRAA welcomes Enugu Air, strengthens Nigeria’s Domestic Aviation growth
-
News3 days agoPlateau Massacre: Save Nigeria Group USA appeals to Trump, US Congress for decisive action




