Connect with us

News

Police arrest three friends after man dies from drug overdose at Lagos party

Published

on

Spread the love

A 21-year-old Micheal Arigbabuwo has reportedly lost his life at a birthday party after allegedly mixing two hard drugs for maximum effect.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos State, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed this on his verified Twitter handle on Saturday.

Hundeyin said that the incident happened on Friday in Ikorodu area of Lagos, stressing that three of his friends who were also at the party had been arrested.

The spokesman said that information received by the police in Ikorodu revealed that at about 7.30 p.m. on Friday, a distress call came that some group of ‘Yahoo’ boys brought a corpse to Igbogbo area of Ikorodu.

“Based on the information, teams of detectives visited and photographed the scene. Three young men of ages 23 and 24 were arrested.

“The suspects claimed that the deceased allegedly smoked loud and drank codeine at a birthday party of one of their friends held at Igbogbo area of Ikorodu.P

“The suspects further claimed that the deceased began gasping for breath. He was rushed to the hospital but died,” he said.

The PPRO said that the corpse was evacuated and deposited at the General Hospital, Ikorodu, for autopsy.

Advertisement

Hundeyin warned youths against drug abuse, stressing that drugs will end their lives in disaster.

“Thinking of doing drugs? Have a rethink as nothing fruitful emanates from it. You

“Investigation into the case has commenced,” he said. (NAN).

Advertisements
SEE ALSO:  UN decorates Gov Mbah as SDG Champion, says Enugu a laudable model for Africa
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Peter Obi should be held responsible for anarchy arising from August 1 hunger protest – Presidency

Published

on

Bayo Onanuga
Spread the love

Bayo Onanuga, a senior to President Bola Tinubu, has alleged that supporters Mr Peter Obi, former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, are planning mayhem in Nigeria.

Onanuga claimed that the proposed nationwide protests were being planned by Obi’s supporters, whom he described as failed presidential candidate.

According to him, Obi should be held responsible for whatever crisis that would emanate from the action.

In a post on his X handle on Saturday, Onanuga said the proposed protest planners are also the same people who were instigated by the incarcerated IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu to launch the destructive ENDSARS protest in Nigeria in October 2020.

He wrote: “REVEALED: Peter Obi’s supporters are the people planning mayhem in Nigeria: Obi should be held responsible for anarchy

“Don’t be fooled: the malcontents planning to stage nationwide protests are supporters of Peter Obi, the failed presidential candidate of the Labour Party. And he should be held responsible for whatever crisis emanates from the action.

“The protest planners are also the same people who were instigated by IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu to launch the destructive ENDSARS protest in Nigeria in October 2020. ENDSARS began as a genuine protest by youths against the Police Special Anti-Robbery Squad, notorious for its high-handedness. IPOB members planning to extricate the South East region from Nigeria infiltrated the protest and hijacked it for their own agenda. Lagos still bears the scar of the malicious destruction by IPOB elements until today.

“Two years after ENDSARS, the IPOB and the gullible innocents joined the Labour Party in 2022 to support Peter Obi, a sympathiser of their cause.

Advertisement

They are the people spreading the hashtags ‘EndBadGovernance’, ‘Tinubu Must Go,’ and ‘Revolution2024’. They are not democrats but anarchists. They are attempting to call out our people via propaganda because their Messiah, Peter Obi, failed to win the Presidency in the 2023 election. As bad losers, they don’t have the patience to wait for another election in 2027; they would rather destabilise Nigeria by staging a civilian coup against President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Advertisements
SEE ALSO:  JAMB announces cut off mark for 2024 admissions
Continue Reading

News

Two brothers drown in FCT River

Published

on

Two brothers drown in FCT River
•The river behind the village
Spread the love
Two brothers, Joshua and Samson, have drowned in a river in Robukya community in Kwali Ward in Kuje Area Council of the FCT.

A relation of the deceased, Musa Abednego, who confirmed the incident to our reporter on Thursday, said it happened on Tuesday around 9am while they were crossing the river.

He said the brothers, Joshua and Samson, were between the ages of nine and 12 and that they were on their way to the farm when the incident happened.

He explained that the victims got drowned following a heavy rainfall which made the river to overflow.

He said, “Their father asked them to hold on after the rain subsided. Unfortunately, they left home to the farm without him knowing.”

Abednego said their corpses were recovered on Wednesday around 4pm through the help of some fishermen, adding they had been buried.

The spokeswoman of the FCT Police Command, SP Josephine Adeh, was yet to speak on the incident.                                              Daily Trust

Advertisements
SEE ALSO:  How mother of 3 died during sex romp with lover in Rivers hotel
Continue Reading

News

CBN intervenes in foreign exchange market

Published

on

CBN intervenes in foreign exchange market
Central Bank of Nigeria
Spread the love
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has started selling foreign exchange on a regular basis through Authorised Dealer Banks and licensed Bureaux De Change (BDCs) as a response to the current fluctuations in the foreign exchange market.

These fluctuations are primarily caused by the demand pressure coming from corporate entities and the seasonal increase typical during the summer period.

By implementing regular sales of foreign exchange, the CBN aims to stabilise the market and ensure smoother transactions for both businesses and individuals involved in foreign exchange activities.

Director, Financial Markets Department of the CBN Dr Omolara Omotunde Duke in a statement on Friday night assured the public of the bank’s commitment to address the demand pressure and stabilize the foreign exchange market.

Highlighting recent transactions, the CBN disclosed that it sold a total sum of US$106,500,000.00 to 29 authorized dealer banks on Thursday, July 18 and Friday, July 19, 2024.

These transactions took place within an exchange rate range of N1,498.00/US$1 to N1,530.00/US$1. Additionally, the CBN purchased US$9,500,000 (Nine Million and Five Hundred Thousand Dollars) from four authorized dealer banks at rates between N1,510.00/US$1 and N1,550.00/US$1. All these transactions are marked for settlement on July 19, 2024.

The Central Bank also stated its commitment to closely monitor compliance with existing trading rules and regulations by authorized dealer banks. This is seen as an effort to promote ethical conduct and ensure stability in the foreign exchange market.

The general public was also advised to direct their foreign exchange demands to their respective banks and BDC operators, adhering to prevailing market regulations.

SEE ALSO:  EFCC asks INTERPOL in Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria to watch-list ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

With the regular sale of foreign exchange and ongoing monitoring of trading practices, the CBN aims to meet demand pressure, foster stability, and sustain a well-functioning foreign exchange market.

Advertisement
Advertisements
Continue Reading

Trending