
News
‘Go and die’ – Wike tells those criticizing him for citing flyovers only in Ikwerre land
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has lashed out at those criticizing him for citing all the flyovers built by his administration in Ikwerre land.
The governor told his critics to go and die as there was nothing he could do about it.
He was speaking in Port Harcourt on Thursday during the flag-off of the 11th flyover to be constructed by his administration.
He explained that his action was based on expectations that there may be a population explosion in Port Harcourt in the next 3 to 4 years.
He maintained that it would be regrettable not to begin to solve the traffic situation that may emanate from the increase in population in the coming years.

He said, “You can see the landscape from Eleme junction to the Government House, 6 flyovers there. As you are going up, you’re coming down.
“Some people say all these flyovers are in Ikwerre land, what’s my business? If you don’t like the place, you can go ahead and die. There’s nothing I can do about it.
“If you project what will happen in this State in the next three to four years and you don’t try to solve the problem of traffic now, you will regret it.
“The population explosion and traffic congestion will be something else.
“So it is better to solve it now than waiting till that time.” (Daily Post)
News
Insecurity: Nigeria must not become a killing field — Obi tells FGi
Former Anambra State Governor and 2023 presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has called for urgent government action to halt the wave of killings, abductions and destruction of communities in parts of Nigeria.
Obi, in a statement posted on X on Sunday, said recent deadly attacks in Benue, Plateau and Niger states had highlighted the worsening security situation in the country.
He described the three states, which are located in Nigeria’s North-Central region, as the latest areas to suffer attacks that have claimed scores of lives and displaced residents.
Obi cited the attack in Jwak Maitumbi, Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State, where he said at least 23 people were officially reported killed, while residents put the death toll at more than 30.
He added that over 45 houses were reportedly destroyed in the attack.

The former governor also referred to recent attacks in Borgu, Niger State, where reports indicated that more than 40 people were killed and over 100 others abducted, although he acknowledged that the figures remained contested.
Obi said the situation in Benue was equally troubling, with communities facing repeated attacks, killings, abductions and destruction of homes and livelihoods.
“What is happening in Benue, Plateau and Niger is similar to what is happening elsewhere in the country, with some attacks even going unreported,” he said.
According to him, the recurring attacks should no longer be viewed as separate incidents but as a broader national security crisis requiring a coordinated response.
“Nigeria is not officially at war, yet citizens are being attacked in their villages, abducted after prayers, driven from their homes and stripped of their farms,” Obi said.
He urged the federal, state and local governments to take immediate measures to protect vulnerable communities and prevent further attacks.
Obi called for improved intelligence gathering and rapid-response capabilities, as well as intensified efforts to rescue abducted Nigerians and apprehend those responsible for the violence.
“I urge governments at all levels to wake up to their responsibility and take urgent and decisive action to end this madness once and for all,” he said.
The former presidential candidate said the government should focus on preventing attacks rather than merely responding after lives had been lost.
“We cannot keep counting bodies after every attack. We must prevent these attacks before they happen,” he said.
Obi stressed that the protection of lives and property remained the fundamental responsibility of government.
“Protecting lives and property is the most basic duty of government. Nigerians deserve nothing less,” he said.
He concluded by warning against allowing the deteriorating security situation to become normalised, declaring: “Nigeria must not become a killing field.”
News
NDLEA arrests 101-year-old woman for selling cannabis in Ogun
….Lagos-based daughter who supplies the drug arrested
A 101-year-old woman, Esther Ogunmabo, has been arrested by officers of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for allegedly selling cannabis in Ilisan, Ogun State.
The centenarian was arrested on Saturday, August 15, 2026, with 90 grammes of skunk, a form of cannabis, which was reportedly packaged in small quantities for sale.
NDLEA spokesman, Femi Babafemi, disclosed that the supect, Ogunmabo admitted that she sold the substance to people in the community.
Babafemi said the suspect told investigators that she became involved in the illicit trade after a fire destroyed her provisions store.
The agency spokesman added that the woman claimed one of her daughters, based in Lagos, was responsible for supplying her with the cannabis at regular intervals.

“She said one of her daughters, who resides in Lagos, arranges the supply of the substance to her every four days, which she in turn sold in bits,” the NDLEA spokesman said.
The arrest was listed among the agency’s recent operations against drug trafficking and illicit drug activities across the country.
Following her arrest, NDLEA Chairman, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (retd.), directed that the elderly suspect be granted bail and referred for counselling because of her age.
The agency also disclosed that the daughter allegedly linked to the supply of the cannabis had been arrested.
The NDLEA said its latest operations also recorded other interceptions and arrests at different locations, including the country’s land and maritime borders.
The agency has continued to intensify its campaign against the cultivation, distribution and sale of illicit drugs across the country.
News
Terrorists abduct many worshippers from Niger Central Mosque
A yet-to-be-ascertained number of worshippers have been abducted from the Central Mosque in Dekara town, Borgu Local Government Area of Niger State.
Reports said the victims were kidnapped from worship place when terrorists, in a large number, struck while Jumu’at prayer was ongoing.
According to some sources, the terrorists shot sporadically before assembling some of the worshippers and leading them out of the mosque into the forest.
One of the residents, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told our correspondent by telephone that Borgu LGA recorded various incidents of insecurity, on Friday.
“So many things have happened in Borgu LGA today. Terrorists attacked three communities, including Dekara. In Dekara, they went to the Central Mosque while Jumu’at prayer was ongoing and kidnapped more than 60 people. But they did not injure anybody,” the resident said.

When contacted, the spokesperson for the Niger State Police Command, SP Wasiu Abiodun, said he would verify the information and revert, but he had not done so as of the time of filing this report. (Daily Trust)
-
News2 days agoAPC Chairman slumps, dies during reconciliation meeting in Kogi
-
News2 days agoEnugu ADC chairman allegedly murdered in his village
-
News14 hours ago‘Fake agency’ boss, Nwabueze, fights back with appointment letter
-
News2 days ago2027: Tinubu’ll relocate Nigeria’s capital to Lagos if he wins – Primate Ayodele
-
News2 days agoAnother fake agency uncovered, FG suspends three perm secs, orders arrest
-
News1 day agoTinubu unveils APC presidential campaign council, appoints self as chairman
-
News1 day ago1,844 killed in South-East in two years — Amnesty International reports
-
News23 hours agoFour family members, dog die after eating Amala meal in Kogi




