Connect with us

News

US court order: Nothing new in FBI, DEA records on Tinubu, Presidency reacts

Published

on

Tinubu directs speedy restoration of Electricity to North
President Bola Tinubu
Spread the love

The Presidency has said that there is nothing new in the records the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation and Drug Enforcement Administration have been ordered to release concerning President Bola Tinubu.

This followed a ruling by a Washington DC judge directing the two agencies to release non-exempt files linked to past investigations involving Tinubu.

Responding to media inquiries on Sunday, Tinubu’s Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, said the reports in question have been in public for over 30 years and did not indict the Nigerian leader.

“Journalists have sought the Presidency’s reaction to the ruling last Tuesday by a Washington DC judge ordering the US FBI and DEA to release reports connected with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu,” Onanuga wrote in a social media post on Sunday

He added, “Our response is as follows. There is nothing new to be revealed.

Maduka College Advert

“The report by Agent Moss of the FBI and the DEA report have been in the public space for more than 30 years.

“The reports did not indict the Nigerian leader.”

He added that the Presidency’s lawyers are currently examining the ruling.

This follows a ruling last Tuesday by Judge Beryl Howell of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, directing the FBI and DEA to release non-exempt documents related to a drug trafficking investigation.

The order came after Aaron Greenspan, an American and founder of legal transparency platform PlainSite, filed a lawsuit challenging the agencies’ refusal to confirm or deny the existence of such records.

News

Wanted banditry kingpin, Ado Aleru, attends fresh ‘peace talks’ with Katsina community residents

Published

on

Spread the love

Notorious wanted bandit kingpin, Ado Aleru, has once again surfaced publicly, attending fresh peace talks with residents of Kankara Local Government Area in Katsina State.

The meeting marks another round of dialogue between communities terrorised by banditry and the armed groups that have plagued Nigeria’s North-West region for years.

Aleru is a wanted criminal on Nigerian security forces’ list, with a ₦5 million bounty on his head. Despite this, he has repeatedly appeared at peace meetings across Katsina State.

During the latest meeting, Aleru reportedly explained why previous peace efforts failed to bring lasting peace. His appearance has raised serious questions about whether these agreements can actually work.

The peace talks come just days after Aleru suffered a major blow in a military encounter at Doma village, Katsina State. Reports indicate:· His son was killed along with eight other family members· About 30 motorcycles belonging to his network were destroyed· The losses have significantly weakened his criminal network’s strength and mobility.

Maduka College Advert

This is not Aleru’s first peace meeting. He previously attended talks in:· June 2025 – Danmusa LGA, Katsina State·

September 2025 – Faskari LGA, where he vowed to embrace peace·

October 2025 – Kakumi village, where a peace accord was signed

In September 2025, Aleru said he had previously withdrawn from peace efforts after his son was arrested, calling the arrest “unjust”.

Aleru’s participation in peace talks despite being wanted has sparked heated debate:Supporters of dialogue argue that negotiations can reduce attacks and help communities return to normal life.

Critics warn that agreements with armed groups often collapse, pointing to continued attacks linked to Aleru’s network even after previous peace deals.

Adding to the controversy, Aleru was previously given a traditional title in Zamfara State during the administration of former Governor Bello Matawalle, who is now Nigeria’s Minister of State for Defence.

Katsina State is one of several North-Western states hit hard by banditry, with killings, kidnappings, and displacement affecting countless communities. The fresh peace talks in Kankara show that some communities are still willing to negotiate – even with wanted kingpins like Ado Aleru.

Continue Reading

News

‘Tinubu has called me, congratulated me,’ Adeleke says after Osun Re-election Victory

Published

on

President Bola Tinubu gives Osun state governor Governor Adeleke a Handshake. Photo Credit: X @AAdeleke_01
Spread the love

•  Adeleke of the Accord Party, polled 511,067 votes to defeat APC’s Oyebamiji, who scored 444,815 votes

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has revealed that President Bola Tinubu called and congratulated him shortly after he was declared winner of the August 15 governorship election.

Adeleke made the disclosure while speaking to journalists on Sunday after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared him winner of the election.

He thanked President Tinubu for congratulating him, saying the president had contributed to the sustenance of democracy.

“I feel great. First of all, I thank the God Almighty for what has happened today. It’s a victory for democracy in Nigeria,” And, of course, I want to seize the opportunity to thank Mr President. Mr President has called me, and he has congratulated me, and I thank you, Mr President, for making sure democracy lives on because you fought for it, Mr President,” the governor said.

President Tinubu and Governor Adeleke have maintained a pragmatic relationship despite belonging to rival political parties. Despite their political differences, both leaders have maintained a cordial relationship, with Adeleke making high-profile visits to Tinubu and the President engaging with the Osun governor.

Maduka College Advert

Victory for Osun people, Olive Branch

Speaking further, Adeleke said the result represented a victory for the people of Osun, who, according to him, had endorsed his administration’s performance in office.

“A victory for democracy. A victory for Osun people that stood by me and said, Imole, you have done a lot for us. You have given us the dividends of democracy in terms of infrastructure, improving our education, agriculture and so forth. So this is the Osun people saying, ‘Thank you, Mr Governor,’” he said.

The governor, who secured a second term after defeating his closest challenger, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said his administration would focus on transforming Osun from a civil service-dependent state into an industrial hub.

“I will repay that thank you by making sure that I have a vision. My vision is to make sure that Osun State moves from a civil servant state to an industrial state. I will make sure, all across Osun State, development is on. I love you all, Osun State,” Adeleke said.

Adeleke also extended an olive branch to his opponents, describing the election as a contest without a victor or vanquished.

“Yes, this is no victor, no vanquished. I want them to come over. I’m expecting Oyebanji, even as a civilised person, to call me and congratulate me,” he said.

Asked whether he had ever feared that the election could go against him, Adeleke replied: “No. I have a God. I have a God who never fails.”

Continue Reading

News

Osun: When the people stand, democracy wins, says Obi, congratulates Adeleke

Published

on

Peter Obi donates ₦10 million to Nursing College
NDC presidential candidate, Peter Obi
Spread the love

The presidential candidate of the National Democratic Coalition (NDC), Peter Obi, has congratulated Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, on his re-election, describing the outcome of the governorship poll as a victory for democracy and the people.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday morning declared Adeleke of the Accord Party as the winner of the 2026 Osun State governorship election.

Announcing the final results, INEC Returning Officer, Prof. Joshua Ogunwole, the Vice- Chancellor of the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti declared Adeleke winner and returned him elected.

Ogunwole announced that the Accord Party candidate secured 511,067 while his closest challenger, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress (APC) recorded 444,815 votes.

Adeleke trounced his major opponent with 66,252 votes amid wild jubilation by party supporters and other residents.

Maduka College Advert

Reacting in a statement on his official X account, Obi said the people of Osun had spoken clearly through the ballot, while commending citizens, particularly youths, for defending their democratic mandate.

“I warmly congratulate Governor Ademola Adeleke on his re-election and the good people of Osun State on this important democratic victory,” Obi said.

“They, the people of Osun, have spoken with courage and clarity, reaffirming that the power to choose their leaders belongs to the people.

“Through his commitment to the people, compassion for their needs, and the strength of his work and achievements in office, Governor Ademola Adeleke has earned their renewed confidence and been entrusted once again with their mandate.

“I particularly commend the courageous youths of Osun who rose to the occasion and peacefully defended their democratic mandate.

“Their vigilance and determination demonstrate that when citizens stand firmly to protect their votes, the forces of good can overcome the forces of darkness.

“The lesson from Osun is clear: democracy is strongest when citizens are alert, conscious of their civic responsibility, and determined to ensure that their votes count.

“Every genuine vote must be respected, and every lawful mandate must be protected. This is also a clarion call as we approach 2027. Nigerians must remain informed, participate actively, vote, and protect their votes.

“The Nigerian people are the ones experiencing hunger, deprivation, insecurity, and hardship; therefore, they are also the ones with the power, through their votes, to bring about the change that will end these conditions.

“I urge all political actors to place the interests of the people above partisan considerations and to embrace peace, unity, and the rule of law.”

Obi warned that elections should never be battles of violence, but contests of ideas, competence, character, and service.

“May the Osun experience strengthen our confidence in the democratic process and inspire Nigerians everywhere to remain vigilant and committed to building a just, secure, prosperous, and truly people-centred nation. A New Nigeria is possible,” the former Governor of Anambra State added.

Continue Reading

Trending

Maduka College Advert