Connect with us

News

Why I killed, removed my father’s private part – 20-year-old boy confesses

Published

on

• The suspect
Spread the love

A 20-year-old boy, simply identified as Ridwan, has confessed that he killed his biological father for money ritual in Ogun State.

He was arrested on Thursday by men of the Ogun State So-Safe Corps at Oshoku village, Ijebu North Local Government Area of Ogun State.

The So-Safe Corps Commander, Soji Ganzallo, in a statement by the corps spokesman, Moruf Yusuf, said at about 12am on Thursday, August 31, officers of the corps on routine patrol heard a strange noise in a building at Oshoku.

The officers were said to have made their way into the building to confirm what was happening, “but to the officers’ dismay, they found a man’s body lying lifeless in a pool of his own blood and the alleged killer fled the scene,” Ganzallo said.

The statement quoted Ganzallo as having instructed the Zonal Commander, Ijebu Zonal Command, Marcus Ayankoya, to get the suspected killer arrested within 24 hours.

“The suspected killer was nabbed where he was hiding in a bush.

Maduka College Advert

“He confessed to have killed his father, Ishau with a rope tied to his neck and a knife used to remove the needed parts of his body for ritual purpose,” he said.

The corps commander noted that the alleged killer told the officers of the corps during interrogation that “he only removed the private part, larynx, and just four teeth of his father as requested by a ritualist he identified as Baba Kekere.”

Ganzallo further revealed that when he was asked about the whereabouts of the ritualist, he refused to give details.

He stated that the alleged killer had been transferred to the Nigeria Police Force, Ogbere Divisional Headquarters, for further investigation and likely prosecution.

News

2027: Back Tinubu or risk losing federal projects — Umahi tells South-East Leaders

Published

on

I’m not fighting with my successor like other ex-governors - Umahi
Minister of Works David Umahi
Spread the love

The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has urged political stakeholders in the South-East to rally behind President Bola Ahmed Tinubu ahead of the 2027 general elections, warning that failure to do so could affect the region’s access to federal development projects.

Umahi made the remark while addressing concerns around federal infrastructure delivery and political alignment in the South-East, stressing that the region stands to benefit more under continued cooperation with the current administration.

According to him, the Tinubu-led government has already committed substantial resources to ongoing road and infrastructure projects across the South-East, including major highways, bridges, and rehabilitation works, which he said reflect unprecedented federal attention to the region in recent years.

The minister argued that political alignment remains critical in ensuring continuity and expansion of such projects, insisting that opposition politics could weaken the region’s influence in national decision-making and project allocation.

He maintained that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has demonstrated what he described as “inclusive governance” through appointments and infrastructure investments, adding that the South-East should adopt a more strategic political approach rather than confrontational positioning ahead of 2027.

Umahi also reiterated his belief that the South-East would overwhelmingly support Tinubu’s re-election bid, insisting that ongoing projects and federal presence in the region would naturally translate into political appreciation.

Maduka College Advert

His comments are the latest in a series of strong endorsements of the President by the Works Minister, who has consistently pointed to major federal road projects in the region as evidence of what he calls renewed attention to South-East development.

The statement is expected to generate political debate, especially among opposition figures and stakeholders in the region who have continued to question the distribution of federal projects and political inclusiveness.

As the 2027 elections draw closer, analysts say such remarks highlight the growing early political positioning within Nigeria’s major geopolitical zones, particularly in the South-East where electoral competition remains highly contested.

Continue Reading

News

Woman passes out after receiving 100 strokes of cane for having sex outside marriage

Published

on

Spread the love

A woman has passed out after she and her partner were each flogged 100 times in public for engaging in sex outside marriage under strict Sharia laws in Indonesia’s Aceh province.

The woman, whose identity was not disclosed, was later carried away after the punishment was carried out in Banda Aceh, located at the northern tip of Sumatra island on Thursday.

A masked official dressed in brown robes administered the caning before members of the public who gathered to witness the punishment.

Her partner was also seen wincing in pain while receiving the lashes.

The pair were among several individuals punished for violating Sharia regulations in the province.

Authorities from the Banda Aceh Sharia Court and the Prosecutor’s Office handed down punishments ranging from 25 to 100 lashes for offences including extramarital sex allegedly arranged through online applications.

Maduka College Advert

Aceh remains the only province in Muslim-majority Indonesia operating under Sharia law, where unmarried couples are prohibited from having sexual relations.

Caning is commonly used in the province as punishment for offences such as gambling, alcohol consumption, same-sex relations and sex outside marriage.

Under Aceh’s Sharia regulations, child rape offenders face some of the harshest penalties, including up to 200 strokes of the cane, a prison sentence of as long as 200 months or fines equivalent to two kilograms of gold.

The punishments are usually carried out publicly as a way of shaming offenders in addition to inflicting physical pain.

Such canings are often conducted outside mosques or in open public spaces, with residents watching and taking photographs during the exercise.

Human rights organisations have continued to condemn the practice, arguing that it causes emotional trauma and violates international human rights standards.

Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have repeatedly criticised the punishments, saying they conflict with Indonesia’s constitution and global legal obligations.

Amnesty said in a statement: “Caning contravenes Indonesia’s constitution and is in clear violation of international human rights law and standards.

‘It constitutes a cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment and can amount to torture in violation of the UN Convention against Torture and other international covenants, to which Indonesia is a State Party.’”

Despite the criticism, local authorities have defended the punishments as part of Aceh’s religious and cultural identity, insisting they serve as a deterrent against immoral behaviour.

Earlier in January, another couple in the province reportedly received 140 lashes each after being found guilty of drinking alcohol and engaging in sex outside marriage. (Daily Mail)

Continue Reading

News

2027: Gov Mbah Showcases Achievements, Promises More as He’s Officially Declared Enugu APC Guber Candidate

Published

on

Spread the love

…Says ‘Tomorrow is Here’ mantra no longer abstract expression

…Panel: Enugu APC model for internal democracy

Governor Peter Mbah has saluted the All Progressives Congress’ (APC) faithful for his resounding election as the party’s gubernatorial candidate in the 2027 general election, highlighting progress made under his stewardship and promising more to the state.

He stated this in his acceptance speech at the International Conference Centre, Enugu, on Friday, as the Hon. Danmalikin Hausa-led Enugu State APC Governorship Primary Election Committee concluded the collation of results of the exercise that saw 397,370 accredited party faithful participating across the state’s 260 wards on Thursday and formally declared him winner.

“This moment is not one I take for granted. For me, there was never a sense of entitlement. I accept this nomination with full awareness of the expectations that come with it, buoyed by the knowledge that it’s not an unfamiliar path for me,” he stated.

Mbah expressed happiness that his administration totally disproved the notion that campaign promises could never be kept, saying the “Tomorrow Is Here,” which underscores his governance philosophy had moved from the abstract to a reality.

“What once felt distant – that tomorrow could be different – is no longer abstract. It is taking shape.

Maduka College Advert

“It is visible in the routines of daily life, in how people travel, how they work, and how they now access services that were once unreliable or out of reach.

“We have smashed the notion that promises matter more than performance. Every naira spent has been made to give the people of Enugu a return on their investment of trust and faith,” he said.

Continuing, the governor reeled out his administration’s achievements across various sectors.

“Today, events are scheduled on Mondays without the least apprehension. Through our Command and Control Centre and other modern security infrastructure, we have effectively restored citizens’ faith in the state’s capacity to protect them.

“Through our ward-based Smart Green Schools, learning has become fit-for-purpose, offering our children education that guarantees them a place in a fast-changing world.

“With at least one Type-2 Primary Healthcare Centre in each of our 260 Wards, we have ensured that location is no longer a hindrance to quality healthcare.

“Across our rural communities, crop yield is rising as the rev of tractors increasingly replaces backbreaking tasks like ridging and tilling once done with hoes and cutlasses.

“Across our towns and cities, opportunities are emerging as decades-long moribund industries roar back to life.

“Until a few months ago, the Songhai Heneke Farm in Ezeagu was a desolate project. The story is different today.

“The United Palm Products Limited has risen from its moribund past to become a viable venture – offering job opportunities to the youth.

“The Enugu Haier Factory, a $20 million investment facility that manufactures digital appliances and electronics, also comes to mind.

“Jobs in the aviation sector that once felt out of reach no longer feels so for our youths with the launch of Enugu Air.

“Our sons and daughters will soon be able to fly to major cities of the world from here.

“We have done over 1,500 kilometres of roads, launched five world-class Transport Terminals and CNG buses to ensure that our people commute in dignity and comfort.”

“Beyond the state, Enugu is becoming the standard bearer for sustainable governance, innovative development, and quality of life,” he asserted.

The governor equally acknowledged that President Bola Tinubu’s bold policies contributed immensely to the successes by making more resources available to states to invest in development.

Meanwhile, primary election panel Chairman, Hon. Hausa, has commended Mbah and party leaders for the peaceful and credible primary elections in the state.

“Enugu State APC is a well-coordinated chapter where internal democracy, consensus-building, discipline, synergy and peace reign supreme. The whole exercise has been rancour-free and indeed a carnival of sorts,” he added.

He equally commended President Tinubu and the Prof. Nentawe Yilwatda-led national executive of the party “for providing the exemplary leadership that midwifed the peaceful and credible primaries at the subnational level.

Continue Reading

Trending

Maduka College Advert